My Tractor Forum banner

Tell Me All that You Can do with a 54" Quick Hitch Front Blade

7K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  AnotherHickey 
#1 ·
Thinking of getting a front 54" blade if I trade for the x728. It would just be a 2 way for $400. Seem reasonable? I already have a blower, and have only thought a blade would be handy in the winter once or twice. I thought of using it for pushing some weeds in an overgrown area, then smoothing it out. Tell me more uses to determine if its a justifiable buy...:thanku:

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Wizzo, I had just thought about stirring the compost pile, we started yesterday, with a blade this morning. I am confident the 2 way will be ok. If it was my only way to move snow, then a 4 way for sure. Also, my dealer is really liking the tractor shovel on these x7's. So, I would be half way there if I ever got one for mulch, loose material, etc. And Jfoi, I have talked about the trade in other posts, but it boils down to a couple things, time being the first. To accomplish the brush hogging, loader work, etc., and save time, I really need a bigger machine, and thats not in the cards! It takes me too long to hog, and too many trips with the FEL. Also, the 2320, in my opinion, is very capable but not the best mower. It rides rough, and the cut of the 62d is only fair. Plus I have had to assume care taker duties at 2 of my grandparents homes, and step up a bit at my MIL's house which is 2 hours away. Oh how time is NOT on our side!:fing20:

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Looks great. Sorry no idea on the anti tractor shovel for the 2305. It doesn't make sense to me either. I would love to have a Gravely G someday...and of course a John Deere 318, Cub Cadet 1811, Bolens Eliminator...:fing32:

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Moles! Sounds like more fun than me and my neighbor standing in wait with pitch forks!:fing32:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.