My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had the machine running well and then I decided to install some new fuel line clips. I removed the gas line to install the clips & since then I am back to square one with gas leaking out of the carb. I have removed the seat and cleaned the channel it came out of, cleaned the seat & the needle time and again, checked the float. There is no gas in it and it floats on water with no visible air bubbles coming out. I have adjusted the float slightly so that the needle is closer to the seat thinking maybe the needle is not close enough to make a good seal. Nothing seems to work. It's hard to start and only runs for about 5 seconds and stalls. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm about to give up on it. It's on a 5hp Noma Canadiana 5-23 machine circa 1980s. Can't find the model plate on it anywhere.
Thanks in advance.

·
Gravely 2-wheeler
970 Posts
I have an '87 8hp Noma Canadiana 8-25 with a Tecumseh HH80 engine. My carb leak was from a spring loaded drain plug on the bottom of the float bowl. After finally getting it to seal, I no longer use it. I turn the gas off at the tank and run the carb dry after each use. Is the gas leak internal (coming out of the carb throat) or external (wets the outside of the carb first)? Is the spark plug dry or fouled (wet) after running 5 sec and stalling? The main jet (on the bottom of the float bowl on mine) may need adjusting for more or less fuel. Is the choke working and used appropriately?

·
Super Moderator
3,781 Posts
Is this a rubber-tipped float needle?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I hate when the word " rebuild" is used so losely. Been 3 days since they asked. Thinking the snow melted..?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts