My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks to a couple of members who helped me out in a jam. Bolens 1000 and nglauer. Thanks again for the belt info and part numbers.

Now I'm looking for a muffer for a 1476. If anybody has one or knows where. I tried Sonny's and Sam's .

Thanks teapot

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to a couple of members who helped me out in a jam. Bolens 1000 and nglauer. Thanks again for the belt info and part numbers.

Now I'm looking for a muffer for a 1476. If anybody has one or knows where. I tried Sonny's and Sam's .

Thanks teapot
I'll do anything I can to keep a Bolens from going to the scrap yard.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
no problem... I have had alot of help on this site. Everyone on here is always helpful and willing to go the extra mile with pictures and parts numbers. I can't access the pictures on my computer because it died... however I ordered at stainless magnaflow muffler and made the manifold and elbow out of stainless. I'm not sure how the muffler on a 1476 looked. Were they mounted length wise down the hood? like the 1886-HT23 tractors? I'm really happy with the sound and look of mine. I have some pictures here on the forum, but will post more once I get our computer back :(

Good luck with the tractor!!!!

Nick

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,819 Posts
The muffler and heat shield on a 1476 were mounted low, parallel to and right next to the frame on the left side of the tractor. Certainly similar in concept to the way they were mounted on the later Large Frames (left side, outside the hood, parallel to the long axis of the tractor).

Doug

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
The muffler and heat shield on a 1476 were mounted low, parallel to and right next to the frame on the left side of the tractor. Certainly similar in concept to the way they were mounted on the later Large Frames (left side, outside the hood, parallel to the long axis of the tractor).

Doug
:ditto: And I have not found one like the originals, I have used 1-1/4" Pancakes .. which worked well .. and are cheap

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yeh Ken, the kid sticking the knife in the outlet is soooo.............you:sidelaugh :sidelaugh

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thats a picture of the kids dad... obviously expressing his concern over his son's adventures with electricity.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the exhaust on an older unit... If I understood right it looks like the newer models... but is dropped down much lower and goes along the frame?... kinda? Just curious what it looked like back in the day.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts