My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Nice- have never owned one of those but I have been a Taurus fan for 25 years and have owned many. Lifetime warranty on that right?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
They are nice. I have one in .454 Casull.

Used to camp a lot in Colorado, bought it as a last chance against a bear or cougar. Got told it was pretty useless against a cougar, as they usually attack from the rear and go for the neck.

·
BANNED
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are nice. I have one in .454 Casull.

Used to camp a lot in Colorado, bought it as a last chance against a bear or cougar. Got told it was pretty useless against a cougar, as they usually attack from the rear and go for the neck.

454??? wow I bet that kicks.
I'm having trouble finding ammo for mine, ever store around here is sold out of all hand gun ammo.

Cougers attack from the rear? Just get another one and give it to your wife, walk back to back and your covered LOL

·
2-stroke exhaust junkie!!
442 Posts
A buddy of mine has a raging bull, it's a nice piece. I have a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 mag 8 or 9 inch barrell (got CRS this morning). Gotta love the big revolvers! I know what you mean about ammo. I reload most of what I shoot and it's getting hard to find supplies around here.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
The Taurus .454 kicks less that my Ruger .44 MGM. The factory magnaporting settles it down nicely.

The Ruger .480 was nice too. Had one of those, but too many cannons, so little time.

The cougar thing was getting scary. 6 attacks while I was living out there. They are even making a comeback on the front range.

As far as ammo, there will be a glut soon. The manufacturers are doing the right thing by not stepping up production to meet the current panicked demand. They would just be laying people off later.

·
Junk Whisperer
287 Posts
My carry popper is a Taurus 605 in 357. It was the smallest 357 revolver I could find. Pretty hard to hold down, and makes the web of my hand feel all bruised up, but super reliable! Just got to get used to it. Taurus used to get a lot of rip on quality, but it's right up there now. That's sure a nice big handgun! Reminds me of the Colt DA's.

·
Registered
736 Posts
D-Dogg:

The news media is allowing cougar attacks for the story sensationalism they get out of them.

Why would I say that?

A long, long time ago in one of the sporting magazines they printed a story how attacks by tigers were reduced big time in India with a very cheap, easily obtainable, non weapon method.

They gave the villagers masks with faces on them that were worn on the backs of their heads, so that no matter which way the people were facing, the tigers always saw a face watching them.

It didn't stop all the attacks because if you were small, hobbled, appeared weak, or the tiger was really hungry, tigers still attacked.

The reduction of attacks was still significant.

Bountyhunter

·
Registered
47 Posts
My father in law has a Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in 454, and the last time he took it to the range he left with a nice cut on his hand. You got to be careful about how you hold those beasts.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have one in the 454 Cassull.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts