My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No sooner had I finished resolving my fuel gauge problem that expanded into a fuel line and filter issues than my ATV developed a tapping sound on the left front side. It was rhythmic with engine/wheel speed. My first thoughts were a CVJ. Turned out it was not that at all. Rather this curious issue with the drive belt:

Not sure where it came from, but it went the whole way through:

Even more curiously, there were two of these. I had the clutches looked over, no evidence of any issues. And no indication anywhere along the drive belt path of where these pieces could have come from.

I guess, I can hope they were sucked in through one or another vent.

Finally, can anyone explain to me why this or any belt could possibly be sold for $134?

Attachments

·
Old Stonebreaker
3,395 Posts
They sell it for that price because they know they have you by the short hairs. I'd sure be trying hard to find where those $67 pieces of metal came from. I'll suggest putting the old belt back and see if anymore materialise rather than risk a new belt. None of the edges appear cracked. Like maybe there were 4 pieces around a shaft. If so, where are the other two??
Mike
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.