My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked about using one some time back. I meant to get a picture of my Polaris 44 inch finishing mower when I used it about 2 weeks ago but forgot till after I washed it and put it away. Here she is (by the way I paid $340 for it about 8 years ago or more used). I have cut about 2 to 3 acres with it a bunch of times since with minimal expense for 2 sets of blades and 1 new belt just last week. I feel like I have got my moneys worth out of it: :trink39:

Ron

·
Registered
358 Posts
How good would it work in a ditch?I have a ditch I mow with a push mower and it is a real "back killer"Its pretty smooth just to steep to ride.
That looks like it is a heavy built mower.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run it directly behind my tractor and mowed my ditch with it today. I will get you a pic of my ditch mowing. I would imagine if I adjusted it to the side that it could mow a steeper ditch. I just have the one ditch to mow though.

Ron

·
Registered
358 Posts
:thanku: Thats alot like the one I mow but they is a pretty good stretch like that last pic.I've been meaning to check to see how steep an angle it is and find out if a motor could take it or not.When push mowing it I can pull it to a flat spot to let it get some oil but while pulling something like this not so sure.The one I mow gets about chest high at the deepest and steepest end.I would really like to be able to use something like you have.:thanku:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Terry,

I'm not gonna "try" to mow my final 50 foot of steep ditch with the tow mower. It's just too steep to do anything unsafe. I mow that area with a push mower. I don't think a mower like mine would work for you if you can't run your tractor on the side of it now. :Stop:

Ron

·
Registered
358 Posts
:thanku: I can for some of it but not all
Thanks for the info.I have tried pushing my luke a time or two and always back out before iI go to far.It does get scary,and the fact the the road is a very busy highway.Don't wantto give people something to laugh about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts