My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ,I have a t1400 that the bottom seal in the hydrostat leaked and drained all the oil out of it, and it sat empty over winter. Took it to a tech that works for a kabota dealer and had a new seal put in. the hydro was fine before the leak , and now it acts like it has an air bubble in the housing that wont come out and the hydro wont pull the mower around. Tech told me when I first got this mower that they recommend not changing the hydro oil because it is too hard to get t hem full again. Does anyone have any ideals I might be able to try to get the hydro to burp.Sorry for the long post.And Thanks

·
GANG GREEN GIZMOW KILLER!
1,244 Posts
Try this:

Put the rear on jackstands so the tires are off the ground.

With the engine at just above idle whack the control pedal back and forth a few times. Then do the same at mid throttle and some more at WOT.

Check your fluid level to let you know whats happening, it should drop once the air is out. Then once your done repeat the process with the tires on the ground quickly going from forwards to reverse on flat dirt.

Doing this on the driveway is OK but you might do a wheely or two going from reverse to forwards.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Jack up the rear end and put stands under it and then have someone pull the lever that lets you pull the mower when not on. While they have it out run the foot pedal foward slowlly till it bottoms out then do the same in reverse. You might need to do it a couple of times. The reason you jack it up and put on jack stands is so no one will get run over.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try both ideals this weekend and report back. Thanks for the tips.

Dennis.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neither of those ideals did the trick,But now while I was doing these the hood fell closed and now the tractor will not do anything. I think a fuse blew, but cannot find where they are kept.anyone know where the fuses are on this machine? I appreciat any help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why did not the tech. checked the transmition before you took it back? If he charge for work, you should take it back to him/her.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Neither of those ideals did the trick,But now while I was doing these the hood fell closed and now the tractor will not do anything. I think a fuse blew, but cannot find where they are kept.anyone know where the fuses are on this machine? I appreciat any help.
On the opposite side of the gauge panel from your left knee is a black cap on the end of a connector bundle of wires. Look under the cap...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why did not the tech. checked the transmition before you took it back? If he charge for work, you should take it back to him/her.

He only charged me $25 to change the seal and told me he couldn't get the tranny to burp and really didn't want to send it home, but I told him I would try to work with it to see if I could get the air out. He did it at his home on the side for extra cash and I was satisfied with what he did.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the opposite side of the gauge panel from your left knee is a black cap on the end of a connector bundle of wires. Look under the cap...
Thanks. I will check there.Hopefully a fuse blew.That would be an easy fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts