My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have an t-1560 with a rcl40Lt deck im having all kinds of issues my left blade the inner one stops and locks up on grass causing the belt to slip and smoke.. now ive replaced the spring, ive went as far as using a piece of light chain and a turnbuckle to set tension on it i still get enormous belt slap, this mower has been a pain since i got it ive been thru 3 sets of blades current are stock from kubota dealer the dealer belt didnt last neither do aftermarket
they are too wide and flip on the pulleys. the person i bought it from had replaced all the bearings in the deck but its giving me fits still, also the deck has 2 dividers one on front and on rear internally is that a mulching deck? it seems to be slowing down the grass flow and i think thats why the left side locks up repeatedly, also have any of you had issues with the wheel bearings on the front shattering?

·
Registered
515 Posts
The first thing I would do if the previous owner changed all the spindle bearings is take your belt off and turn the blades by hand. There should be no sounds or catchy spots. I've seen way too many new bearings installed incorrectly and the bearing was damaged. Next you need to make sure that none of the spindles are bent. Watch the pulley and blade to make sure they don't wobble while being rotated. I'm not familiar with that particular deck but I'm guessing that there is a spring loaded idler pulley to keep the belt tight. Make sure that this is free to move without any binding. Check and make sure that someone has not installed a wrong spindle and that the spindle pullies are in alignment. This next one is kind of a reach but make sure you have the correct deck for your tractor.. There will be some belt whip but it should not be excessive. If it is than something is binding. Did you spin your idler pulley and see if it is quiet and smooth.
Good luck,
Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts