My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all...

Have a question, does anyone have a Swisher 44 inch trail mower with a blade engagement lever? I bought one this winter and it has the remote engagement T-handle setup, which I do not care for, too "fiddly". Bought the parts from Swisher to convert it to a lever engagement. What I cannot find is a picture of a mower with this setup, to give me an idea of where the bracket orients itself on the frame for the belt engagement lever has the correct geometry.....

Anyway, if someone has one and can take a picture, and perhaps some measurements, it would be appreciated!

Doc in Bellevue NE.....

PS, feeling pretty good, it was missing a shield on top of the deck, used my new plasma cutter to make one, turned out ok despite not having a sheet metal brake to form the edges. Big block of steel and a careful hammer......

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a different type of engagement, Swisher had the lever, and rod that goes back to the mechanism in stock, but not the mounting bracket. Thought if someone had a picture, and perhaps measurements I could fab up the bracket, Looks like an angle iron would do it, if I had the measurements to ensure it worked properly. Thank you to looking into this!

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Hey I need a little help with my height adjuster. Does yours mount on the front and screw thru the deck? Mine is missing whatever bushing it has going thru the deck and parts diagrams are not helping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey I need a little help with my height adjuster. Does yours mount on the front and screw thru the deck? Mine is missing whatever bushing it has going thru the deck and parts diagrams are not helping.
My height adjusters are cranks on both sides that move the wheels up and down...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts