My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I acquired a John Deere 210 a month or so ago and had some mishap that turned it into a nice object to mow around. Since it's mowing season still and I hate letting my grass get shaggy I went ahead and bought some cheap mower to just cut the grass until I get my 210 on its way again.

My question is are there any tips on swapping the motors? It's pretty straight forward I know, but are there any tips to make it easier?

I don't know what happened to the old motor. I was mowing along my merry way and it started to die and made a loud pop (sounded like a gunshot) and show a streak of fire from the exhaust about 2ft long. It has failed to turn over again.

·
Super Moderator
35,770 Posts
Sounds like you blew a hole through the piston or broke a valve! Removing the engine is pretty straight forward, tilting the cradle correctly to pull it out is not exactly my favorite thing in the world though!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was unexpected. I picked this mower up off craigslist for 450$. It was worth it, but I have swapped rear ends and now engines.

It should be ready to go here soon. The guy I purchased this mower from did his own sort of wiring so I have no clue how the wiring is supposed to actually be all I have is what he had done and it's not pretty.

:thThumbsU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts