My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
5,525 Posts
No there not one that I know of.
I been thinking about starting one some day here in MI.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(fishing, casting, reeling.... BITE)

OK, good. I have been wanting to do it myself for a year or so. Seems like most of us are from either New Jersey/New York area or from Midwest/Corn belt. What I thought would be good idea for the first show would be a piggyback on another show somewhere on either I-70 or I 80. Start with asmany as we can get and go until we decide to break off on our own. Food for thought.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
I would too

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in. I've attended several "cubfests" set up by members of www.farmallcub.com. All it takes is someone to do one.

·
5,525 Posts
Thats 5, maybe we may have to do this.
Something like the wheel horse show.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats 5, maybe we may have to do this.
Something like the wheel horse show.
I agree. Does the I-70/I-80 areas sound reasonable? From central PA to central Indiana? If anyone is affiliated with a show along those routes that would allow us some room together, please speak up.

I am usually the only 'Bolens guy' at most of the shows I go to but I don't travel far, mostly stay in the state. I have been to central PA a couple of times and to IN. once or twice, but with my Minneapolis. I am open for suggestions.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree. Does the I-70/I-80 areas sound reasonable? From central PA to central Indiana? If anyone is affiliated with a show along those routes that would allow us some room together, please speak up.
PA is going to be to far East for me. Southern MI or Indiana is about the furtherest I can do for a weekend event.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Well, how about Music City TN.......

But a Bolens show in the mid east like somewhere in Southern OH would be a nice happy medium. But then no matter where you hold it, relative to the amount of members in the N.E., or Mid-West, South and South East, or lets not forget Pacific N.W., I bet more of Bolens members are in the Northern tier states from Mass along I90 to around WI. It'd make since for thise who would be transporting to not have to drive it so far.

I say we have a Bolens traveling show, COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, how about Music City TN.......

But a Bolens show in the mid east like somewhere in Southern OH would be a nice happy medium. But then no matter where you hold it, relative to the amount of members in the N.E., or Mid-West, South and South East, or lets not forget Pacific N.W., I bet more of Bolens members are in the Northern tier states from Mass along I90 to around WI. It'd make since for thise who would be transporting to not have to drive it so far.

I say we have a Bolens traveling show, COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!
hankll, if we can get one together by next spring, early summer, and it goes together well, I would not be opposed to doing just that. Do any of you get that big ol' tractor show book that lists all of the shows in the US and Canada? Why not pick out a couple of shows near each of us and invite others to them. We get a core group who is wiling to do a little leg work, make a few phone calls, set up an area, invite a few freinds, etc. It could be done. I use to travel alot with a Minneapolis Moline group. I've been to Auburn, Indiana; Chambersburg, PA; etc. All over Ohio.

I'm not opposed to going to MI to wilberj's show, but I will have to travel light.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
I would be willing to go to southern Michigan or northwest Ohio. I just went to a plow day at Erie,Mi. Drove about 3 and 1/2 hours to it. That is about as far as I would be willing to drive to a show.
Dave

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have 30 acres in the back we could set one up in.After the beans are gone.There is a campground not far from me i sell at in the sping and fall at the garden tractor pullys they have not to far from I-75.I could talk to the owner about setting up a show.They could provide the camping area.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Now... no one on here is going to participate in the swap portion... that's why we are all on this forum. I we're all bolens hoarders lol.

Now, about doing a show. I'd love to do something like that if it was in Ohio. Heck, i'd just love to go to an ALL GT show of mixed brands.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have 30 acres in the back we could set one up in.After the beans are gone.There is a campground not far from me i sell at in the sping and fall at the garden tractor pullys they have not to far from I-75.I could talk to the owner about setting up a show.They could provide the camping area.
This is a nice idea. Would you be willing to let us re-till your garden? Maybe mow your weeds with a haban, level your ground with blades, MOVE YOUR HOUSE, TEAR OUT YOUR FENCE... woops, got carried away. :fing20:

Seriously, would you mind some scratchin' around in the dirt? (kids in a sandbox :trink40:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts