My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've been thinking about this quite a bit since you posted the Honda carb option. You are doing the community a huge service by trying this for us and I'm willing to bet there are many people interested in it or at least will be once you post your results. If you can, take some pics of any mods you had to do get it to fit.

Its not the most powerful lawnmower engine BUT if the 2-stroke suzuki achilles heel is cheaply and easily fixed with a replacement carb (that doesn't cost $200) then........is it the perfect lawnmower engine?

Well, I got itchy a few nights ago and spent ~$30 and ordered all the parts. Sure hope this works!

Should have everything here by sometime next week, then I can stop filling up this thread and will start another with my results.

·
Mowerholic
1,127 Posts
You are doing the community a huge service by trying this for us and I'm willing to bet there are many people interested in it or at least will be once you post your results. If you can, take some pics of any mods you had to do get it to fit.
Well said, thats why this site is such a pleasure to be a part of. Sharing information has made a huge savings on time and money for many of us. I am truly grateful for the help you more experienced gentlemen have always offered.

Fortunately when I first started grabbing up mowers, in the last year or so, I stocked up on any Zuki parts I could find. :trink40:

·
Registered
196 Posts
... I stocked up on any Zuki parts I could find. :trink40:
I stocked up on zuki's...and mikuni's, but all the darn mikunis I bought cheap seem to have this problem! I'm realizing the Kawi FC150V I sold had a touch of this too -- it wouldn't quite throttle all the way down when warm either.

Well, I have my 1950s Briggs to keep my hands dirty until this project arrives!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts