My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the Christmas holiday, we should have time to part out a few more tractors. Right now I have a glut of stuff on the chopping block, but I'd like to know from everyone what they need the most!

Right now I have slowly begun listing the parts from an 816 and an 18-G on Ebay, but here's what's on the potentials list:

3 more 18-Gs
20+ Ls, L8s, etc.
10+ Commercial, 5000 walk-behinds
a 20-G
an 814.

That's pretty much it for Gravely equipment right now. What does everyone need/want? I won't have time to do more than two or three, so I'd like to know which parts everyone is dying for.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
About the only parts I would like to pick up is a low hours hi-low planetary and ring gear for a 5000.

I also need a couple of G series direction clutches, any condition. The worse and cheaper, the better.

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
If any of those G riders are foot control versions with left side brakes, I would be interested in two of the rubber brake pedal pads - if they are in good condition.

Also from those same tractors, I might have some interest in the whole brake pedal weldment and the pedal bracket assembly.

Do any of them have rear wheel brakes?

Sheldon

·
youtube.com/5Tractorguy
497 Posts
It's not the most common part or one that you may want to part with, but if you do, and there is any Pierce or Hoof Governors in ANY condition in the parts lot, I'd be interested. Worn out, working, siezed up, cracked, full of water, all will do.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richard -- you're in luck when I hit the 20-G and one of the 18's. One 18 has a cracked fwd/rev clutch, the lining is a mess. The 20-G has two barebones/almost worn out clutches. We can make a deal on those no problem.

Sheldon -- school me on the G series wheel brake setup -- I've never had one. I do have 2 or 3 foot controlled G series tractors, but none of them have the double brake pedal on the left, just a single. Is this different than the old "brake band" G-series set up? If so, you're in luck, as at least 1 of the 18-Gs is foot controlled.

Jake -- I must have 10 - 20 governors around. PM me and maybe we can work out a lot deal on a few.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd actually be interested in the front and rear wheels from an 18G or 20G. Don't need the rubber, just a good, sound set of wheels.

What size? Your box is already getting big! :fing32:

I have both available. You'll have to take the tires to save me the cost of disposing of them, but the rims are all good. :trink39:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
What size? Your box is already getting big! :fing32:

I have both available. You'll have to take the tires to save me the cost of disposing of them, but the rims are all good. :trink39:
lol I'm swimming in wheels already, with 3 mostly complete machines about to become 2, plus I have another complete set back from the sandblaster that need paint.

But they are all the standard size. My 18G has wider rims front and back, with a deeper offset. That's what I'm looking for, as I'd now like the 816 to match the 18G. I also have thought about keeping a spare set of rims with Ags on them.

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
Sheldon -- school me on the G series wheel brake setup -- I've never had one. I do have 2 or 3 foot controlled G series tractors, but none of them have the double brake pedal on the left, just a single. Is this different than the old "brake band" G-series set up? If so, you're in luck, as at least 1 of the 18-Gs is foot controlled.
If you want the whole scoop, look at my thread about my 16G improvements.

The short story is that the individual rear wheel brakes that came on the 24G could also be added to later foot control/left hand trans brake G tractors.

These are drum brakes similar to the two wheel tractor steering brakes.

These parts are all hard to find. The regular G left brake pedal can be modified to add the outer pedal - I have already done this, as have others.

Also, I am working on a neutral kick out system for G tractors with individual rear brakes - that is what I would want the spare pedal brackets for. I am actually having a special right side neutral release pedal made - may need some extra brackets.

The pedal pads - I just want some spares - none to be had a GRAVELY.

I don't need/want any old style band brake steering brakes, they won't fit the newer tractors very well.

Let me know,

Sheldon

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
I'm looking for at least one possibly two Wico mags for some L's that I'm reviving. I've used up my supply of good ones. Needing points, condenser, clean up not a problem; it's when they are frozen up solid or someone has murdered them to where they use a battery style ignition that I no longer can use them.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
I know that you did'nt list it, and this is a (very) long shot, but I have been looking for a belt guard for the 408 that I've been working on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts