My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.
First time here, had a look around, seems like a really good forum,lots of topics in here.I have a 2000 LX279 garden tractor with the 17hp Kawa engine,I have owned it since it was about 8 months old,got it from a local JD dealer.I take exceptional care of it maintenance wise,am very mechanically able. Just recently it has begun to surge (in RPM's), both at idle or even at full throttle.Took the carb off for a damm good cleaning,expecting to find crud in there,none.Just did fuel,air filter as well,no change.Would love to find ( cheap ) service manual of engine .
Any idea's???

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It doesn't have old gas in it does it. My gx345 did something like that, I put some gas line additive to clean things up and it seems better. I think it had old gas in it.

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
Maybe the governor linkage is loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Guys........sorry for not looking at your replies ealier, it's that time of year when everything needs to be done at once.
Farmer69..good thought, although I am very religious about using gasline cleaner with water removal feature year round in all my equipment
Nouveau......loose governer linkage sounds more interesting as I have had the carb off for a damm good cleaning.Would I find an exploded view of this in here anywhere,or a link to a free pic somehwere showing this governer link?

Thanks guys

·
JD318
990 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts