My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We part out quite few Farmalls along with all the other makes. Since we restore Farmall tractors ourselves, we are always looking for parts for our own collection, so we frequently get Farmall tractors for salvage.

This super C was running well, but the block was cracked from the oil pan up toward the head just behind the front plate. The cultivaters are complete with teeth and clamps.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, that whole cash thing stops me from getting a lot of stuff too!! LOL

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Always liked the letter series farmalls. The tractor pictured looks ready to work. Do most of the tractors you get look this good PM?

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ernie, it had been working at a vegitable farm until shortly be fore we got it. Like I mentioned though, the block was cracked and drooling oil. :tsk:
Many of the tractors we get are in pretty good shape, though many have some sort of obvious physical damage, IE fire, broken in half, that sort of thing, and likely near half have not so obvious damage, worn or broken engine, bad tranny etc.
Here's a few picks of the not so pretty ones. :duh:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
It truly amazes me how people just let investments just turn into junk. You were nice showing that C instead of these broken up ones PM.

Could the block be welded on that C? Probably make a good garden tractor no pun intended.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The block had been welded once and cracked through again. It's in a place that gets a lot of stress. You are right though, they make a great garden tractor for LARGE gardens, probly not real convenient for the back yard of a 1 acre lot though! :D

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Thats the size garden we hope to be putting in this summer in our new residence.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bill, the MH is a 101 JR. About the same size as a 22.

MaineDad, that's a nice C! What is the mounting bracket under the middle for? It doesn't look familiar to me. :wwp:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
PM,

The mounting bracket is original yankee ingenuity! My Granddad made a plow. The 4x4's are the supports for the plow. There's a hole drilled through each end of the 4x4 that slips through the hanging bracket. Every year when he got older, he had my brother and I do the grunt work lifting the 4x4's on and then the same for the plow. Worked great! Hydraulics raised and lowered the plow.

He had polio when he was younger and was hunched backed basically his whole life. He also used that bracket to climb aboard :) I still have a picture of him when he bought the tractor new back in 1953. Great memories of that tractor and my Granddad...

MaineDad.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the explanation Maine Dad, looks like a slick set-up. :fing32:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts