My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tractor Fixin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone:
Just bought a Massey Super 90. I need to find out what to do to get her to pull strong. The seller said the clutch is in its later days but still working. Maybe I didnt have enough rpm to get her going strong? I read something about it having a hydraulic clutch and then I suppose it may need some rpm in her condition to get the clutch working??? Is there any adjustments or things to check for etc for the clutch? I'm also going to need to get the 3 point hitch lifting again. The cylinder etc I suppose is mounted on the top side of the casting, not sure what may be involved with repairs of that. Think I will be getting a hefty lot of spare parts from a Massey 85 that a lot of it may work over on this one?

Thanks for replies.

·
Tractor Fixin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK I have been reading up on her more and looking in some access covers etc.. So it does have a Multi Power clutch and it seems to be working to some extent. However I think I need to measure the hydraulic pressure for the clutch, and as I understand now the easiest place to do that is on the hydraulic return line at the power steering pump. I should read appx 250psi. No not 2500 psi on the return. Anybody know what fitting size and type that is so I can build up an inline pressure gage to check this. I dont think I'm supposed to stop the flow with my gage, but measure pressure and allow it to flow, so this is sort of a 3 way Tee setup with gage one side and lines connecting on through, or maybe it is temporarily stopping flow??? but would be good to know the fitting type and size etc.. Another option to plug into a port inside underneath the multipower clutch via opening the access panel below the clutch and removing a screw and fixing a gage there, but again need to know the fitting size to make something for that if going to do this there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts