My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a super 55 oliver that we recently got running. when we fired it up the 3pt hitch went up... and stayed there. Im suspecting the reliefe valve in the hydraulic system, but i have no idea where it is. Anyone have any ideas, if im on the right track could someone tell me where it is? Can they be cleaned, fixed, or just buy a new one?

Thanks
Evan

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
While I have very little hydraulic experience, I would first look at the hydraulic control for the 3pt hitch cylinder. Maybe it is jammed in the 'lift' position, or no longer completely closes for some reason?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean the lever that you move to work the 3pt hitch, the no... no matter what position you move that to the 3p hitch is up, stuck up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but DOWN on the 55 3pt is just gravity, right? meaning the bypass isn't bypassing. i just don't know where it is.... the bypass valve that is, or relief valve whatever its called..

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Sorry, to me it sounds like you are going down the wrong path, but I don't know enough about hydraulics and/or your specific system to say for sure. If someone else here doesn't help you out (you might also try reposing your question in the Tractor Talk/Hydraulics forum), I would suggest either/both:
-finding someone who knows hydraulics to help you in person
-reading up on how hydraulics works. Your tractors has solid, well understood, fairly basic hydraulics and you should have no trouble finding online (or even in your local library) info on how it works and how to identify it's various parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts