My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Did a little snow removal on Monday and all went well. Got a bit more snow monday night into Tuesday which was followed by freezing rain. Went out last evening to clean up the mess. The snow had been compacted to less than 3 inches but was heavy as h.... The sunstar couldn't handle the uphill driveway and just spun wheels. Had to drive up to the top and then plow downhill to clean up the drive which took too much time. Got to find a way to add more weight to the rear. The wheel weights and loaded tires are not enough.Does anyone have a way to make something to attach to the rear that doesn't require welding? I'm going to try and come up with something using some angle iron that I have laying around. I see that Tractor Supply has Hitch attachment to hold a bucket but it costs too much. I might be forced to spend the money if I can't come up with something. ( Mojack Multi use hitch $24.99 plus Mojack Bucket carrier $29.99.) That looks like the best thing that I have seen if a cheaper way isn't possible. Any ideas?
Very ease to make weight bracket.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.