My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
18,460 Posts
The sunstar couldn't handle the uphill driveway and just spun wheels. Had to drive up to the top and then plow downhill to clean up the drive which took too much time. Got to find a way to add more weight to the rear. The wheel weights and loaded tires are not enough.Does anyone have a way to make something to attach to the rear that doesn't require welding? I'm going to try and come up with something using some angle iron that I have laying around. Any ideas?
I'm cheap, frugal, whatever you want to call it. I've got a lot of EMT tubing lying around cause I use it for hoops in the garden and lots of other stuff. Flatten the ends with a hammer or in a big vise, drill holes and bolt together. Daughter had the same problem and didn't want to use chains. They slip on the blacktop and scratch the heck out of the surface also. So new pair of shoes (Carlisle All Trail II) 48lbs washer fluid and 30lb wheel weights per wheel. Added 100 lbs sand on rear. Made brackets that bolted to angle iron on back of tractor, bolted brackets, and hoop which bolted to them. Platform was piece of 3/4 ply bolted to the trailer hitch.
MikeC

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,460 Posts
I usually use angle iron but didn't have any laying around. Besides, tractor was at daughter's house 23 miles away and would require too much back and forth for measurements, tools, etc. So quick and easy got the job done. Oh, did I say not a cent spent on materials.:thThumbsU
Yours looks good and sturdy. Be nice if you didn't need it but better to have rather than wish you had.
MikeC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.