My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

So I was mowing for the first time this season with my Craftsman LT1000 and I'm beginning to think it is on its last legs. The hydro drive is starting to act up and I have no interest in trying to replace/repair it.

So I started looking around CL and I found a Sunstar 20 (I think it is an 86-87). The pictures look a bit rough, but the seller says it is in good shape, with a great condition 60" deck. I'm hoping the paint is just a bit faded and it is mechanically sound. It is listed as having ~415 hours on it and he is asking $600.

I'm planning on going to look at it tomorrow (well I guess it is technically today now, since it is after midnight) and I was hoping to get some feedback on what specifics to look for. He said it had a repair done to the front end but otherwise has had no issues.

I also know the rear PTO was optional on these, but what about a rear lift? Did they all have some kind of lift and if so, what was it (hydraulic/electric/mech)?

As far as mowing, I usually mulch with my LT1000. Does anyone have any experience mulching with one of these? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Well, if this is the machine, I would say it has sat outside its entire life. 415hrs? Hard to believe that.. Rear PTO and the 3 pts will be dang near impossible to find.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks like something was being funny with the photo. Here it is again:

·
Registered
387 Posts
That SS is rough. Its missing at least the shield over the right side deck spindle. I would give $200 for it for parts IMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts