My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I recently purchased a new sears PYT9000 42". It's really nice, black and yellow, 24HP V-Twin, etc. I had some issues finding a correct sunshade. If you are familiar with this model, there are holes/tabs in front (2) and in back (2) that is meant for accessories like a sunshade. The problem is I can't find anything made for this model. I went to the store and they pull out an old generic sunshade that is a universal "fit-all" for old models that requires you to lift the seat and remove the springs and bolts to attach it. Seems really stupid to have the holes for a normal shade and go through the trouble for this old (and white) sunshade. The color doesnt matter but seems odd to put an old universal bolt on white sunshade on a nice new black tractor. Sears customer svc was no help. Their website is really bad. Any other brand has a nice modern sunshade! Has anyone found the "real" sunshade?

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
A sunshade made for the GT5000, or PGT9000 would fit, it's the same sheetmetal.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
By your description of the mounting under the seat, it sounds like it's the same mounting that is used for the cab used for snow blowing or plowing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is the same back of the seat connection as the snow cover... I just thought it was very strange that there are connectors for this (that all other brands have sunshades for that just snap in), yet they make you bolt this under the seat...and it's white. It's just obvious this sunshade is generic and old and not meant for my shiny new tractor.I attached a pic of one of the 4 connectors (bad pic from Sears site). Does anyone know how to find one that was meant for this connector (w/ 4 supports, rather than 2 old under the seats)?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts