My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible? I have a junk 285 that caught fire and my brother has a nice 100 hr L120 with a bad trans. Would a trans swap be possible?

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
The Only thing I Can say is You Can try it But as sort of stated above It will Not Be a direct fit But That said There transmission In that series of Tractor are a Hybrid Some did Use a Tuff-Torq Outer Case with a Sundstrand Pump:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got nothing to lose. Hooking up the linkage is the trickiest part going from hand to foot control.

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
An L120 has a Tuff Torq K46. Not even close to a Sundstrand ...
I'm probably wrong, but wasn't there a connection between Peerless, Sundstrand, and Tuff Torq?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think there was some mix and match between the (2) as Sarge indicated above. Maybe home-boy will get lucky and the mounts might be close ...
If not I have a torch and a welder :thThumbsU

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Give it a shot.

·
Proud JD Owner
1,740 Posts
It would require fabrication, but anything is possible. Torch and a welder seems like a good place to start.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
It would require fabrication, but anything is possible. Torch and a welder seems like a good place to start.
Plus BFH:fing32: anything will fit:drunkie:

·
Proud JD Owner
1,740 Posts
I'm probably wrong, but wasn't there a connection between Peerless, Sundstrand, and Tuff Torq?
I work for what used to be Sundstrand. I'm not aware of any connection. We still make very similar hydrostatic pumps, they just go in to airplanes instead of Combines and lawn tractors.

The Cylinder Block is the heart of the pump, which we manufacture everyday. People would be amazed to know what goes into making one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
May as well try it. It'll either work or not. The BDU-21 in my 320 has a TT housing. Not sure which model though, it just has the TT name on the housing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts