My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son bought me an auto-rewind garden hose reel for Fathers Day. We set it up yesterday ( in the rain,lol! ) and today I was looking through the paper work to fill out the registration form, but couldn't find anything. So I called Suncast ,and was told that there IS NO WARRANTY for this particular model, which cost my son $106.98. I couldn't believe it! :Disgus: I'm taking it back to Lowes on Thursday, when we might get some sun.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
there IS NO WARRANTY for this particular model
:swow: Please tell us that you got to Lowe's and found out that Suncast was mistaken or that you misunderstood.

No warranty? Who in blazes sells a new product with no warranty? All the Suncast reels I found on the Lowe's website stated limited warranty, but of course, I didn't see one that fancy on there.

Steve

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I love those lifetime warranties. All you have do is read the fine print to learn if they are basing that on the life of the buyer, the seller, the manufacturer, or the mayfly that landed on the box once while it was on the store shelf.:banghead3

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:swow: Please tell us that you got to Lowe's and found out that Suncast was mistaken or that you misunderstood.

No warranty? Who in blazes sells a new product with no warranty? All the Suncast reels I found on the Lowe's website stated limited warranty, but of course, I didn't see one that fancy on there.

Steve
Steve, I can return it to Lowes and get a refund; but Suncast said there's no warranty. First, I spoke to a young lady who said that that model had no Suncast logo on it and was not manufactured by Suncast. I went out and checked,and it DOES have suncast logos on it - on the front and on the top,PLUS the paperwork says it's a Suncast.It's even listed on their website. . I called back and this time a young man answered. I told him my story;and he said if there's no warranty in the paper work,then it's not warranteed. Nice, huh !?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The retailer should have their own 1-year warranty on it anyway.

About lifetime warranties...I have customers at Home Depot who believe if they take a sledge hammer to something that they can claim on the warranty. NOPE!

I have customers who think that misuse is covered under warranty. NOPE again.

Our Ridgid wet/dry vacs have lifetime warranties. I've had people return them with broken tops and canisters and expect us to replace them under warranty.

Eveything has a so-called "useful life", though you'll have a hard time getting any manufacturer to tell you what they consider to be the 'useful life' of their equipemtn. I think in general terms it is 5 years. As such, we've had Ridgid vacuums returned that were more than 5 years old. They even look new sometimes, but they simply wear out. It's not a defect or deficiency in workmanship, it simply outlived it's useful life and wore out.

Even under Ridgid's Lifetime Service Agreement, at some point, you will be refused service when the tool is simply worn out and outlived its useful life.

There's nothing wrong with a Limited Warranty, so long as you know what those limitations are.

Coop

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coop, it's not about the retailer or about lifetime....... it's just downright weird that Suncast has NO warranty whatsoever.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,060 Posts
oldtimer, if you decide to return the Suncast, here is a link to an all-metal hose reel manufactured by Rapid Reel. I bought one 2 months ago. It is the best reel I have ever owned. Comes with a 10 year warranty. It cost me about $160 w/shipping (find a different retailer with a discount price) but is well worth it. I had been replacing plastic reels every couple years. It spools in and out smoothly and does not fall over as you pull out hose. Connections are solid and all metal. I would highly recommend it to anyone. :thThumbsU

http://www.rapidreel.com/Catalog/Product/1/9511/2-Wheel-Cart---Garden-Hose-Reel.aspx

·
forkz
6,854 Posts
i like that wall mount model i have a suncast now its ok but kinda flemsy that rapid reel is nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts