My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Silent, Senior MTF Member
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to a couple of tractor shows the next few weeks, so I dug out the better half's "ride". It isn't much, but it beats walking around and around the fairgrounds. (That's my 1964 WH 854 pullin' the "load".) :eck34:

Anybody else have such a rig? Or what mechanical advantage do you use, if any? :trink40:

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,704 Posts
That is a nice looking sulky you made.

We took the 48 Bolens Ridemaster to it's first tractor show last weekend.
This was the first show that I had something that I could easily ride around on ( crawlers aren't cruisers ).
I had fun riding around but the wife was stuck back with the crawlers.
After we got back home, I dug around to see what I could use to quickly build a sulky for her.

This is what I ended up with:
Wheels and axle support from a garden trailer ( I used just the box on another project ).
An old kitchen chair and foot rest off an old garden tractor.
She had a plastic book box that she wanted me to shorten some so I used the cutoff piece for a storage rack under the seat.

The Buckley show is this next week so she will be able to ride around with me.
It will only get used for this one show though.
Next year, the 53 Ridemaster will be finished and it has two seats on it so we can sit side by side and ride around.
I'll probably sell this sulky after the Buckley show.

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing I don't like about mine, it's a little narrow and therefore a little "tippy". The wife likes it quite well, but if she took a tumble, I might be sleepin' in the garage...

We pulled it around the fairgrounds at Escanaba a few years ago, that fairgrounds is flat, but huge!

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Love the sulky, Juggler. It looks like a converted Gravely sulky. Where did you get the back support setup you are using? I've been looking for something similar but haven't seen anything, and don't have the facilities to bend a heavy enough metal bar to make a good support.

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the sulky, Juggler. It looks like a converted Gravely sulky. Where did you get the back support setup you are using? I've been looking for something similar but haven't seen anything, and don't have the facilities to bend a heavy enough metal bar to make a good support.
It could be a Gravely, I found the frame at a swap meet. My brother found the backrest at another swap meet. In fact, all of it except the wood and the plastic basket came from swap meets.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dads got a little waterloo 20 walkbehind so we used the sulky from his bolens tractor fabbed up a bracket, bobs yer uncle he's got the perfect slo ride for the tractor shows...... actually kinda looks like a bear riding a tricycle but people love he was stopped on Sunday so a guy could get a pic ill post one after next weekend

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I would love to find a backrest like that for my Gravely sulky too. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey guys this is a pic of my dad on his waterloo 20 with a bolens sulky behind we made up a braket to attach the sulky to the tractor frame and bars and it works great...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts