My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cutting grass yesterday, I noticed a lot of play in the hitch ball. The pin for the 2 piece receiver (female part on the sulky tongue) hole is oblong and has a lot of play. Can you just cut the pipe on the sulky, and drill a new hole for the pin and insert the receiver part back into the sulky tongue with a new clevis pin and keeper?

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can do that, but no more than needed. Remember this will make you closer to the handle bar ends. Just try to remember not to turn when the tractor is tipped back toward you. The nut cracker will be waiting.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
You would not believe the size of the bruises that are possible on the tops of your thighs when somthing like that happens.

The pain is a close second though, when the machine tips back and catches that tender part of your inner thigh between the hand grip and the nice steel seat! I've never been caught in the "cracker" but have had my thigh pinched. I know it hurts like you wouldn't believe, so I can hardly image the other pain.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
You would not believe the size of the bruises that are possible on the tops of your thighs when somthing like that happens.
Or trotting briskly along behind a 30" setup running in HI gear and hitting a tree stump exactly 2" higher than the front of the deck! "A date, Baby? Yeah sure.... Call me in a couple weeks!":ROF

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately Harold, I've had that happen too. That's why I like the electric start models; the hoods are a lot easier to land on. :sidelaugh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts