My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help... Last year the dry-rotted front tires were replaced and documented on this forum and YouTube..

It's now time to upgrade the rear tires. Factory rear size on my John Deere 265 is 23x10.50-12. My property is very hilly and defiantly need much more traction than what the dry-rotted rear factory tires offer. Options are limited in this size, either the Carlisle Tru Power or Carlisle All Trail. I'm not opposed to going with a different size tire for more options, but don't know what size would work. Any suggestions would be appreciated and will document like the fronts!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know what the largest tire could run, without modifications? Also the 10.5 rim width, would it accommodate a 12 width tire?

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
With a stock 10.5" wide tire, it would be an 8.5" wide rim. It would still most likely fit a 26-12-12, but it might hit the inside of the fender or the frame/brake linkage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a set of 26x12x12 Tru Powers for the rear of my 265. The cost for the bigger size is only about $30 more. Fingers crossed I won't have to trim the rear fenders for a fit. I don't see anything else that would hinder an additional 1.5 inches of clearance. The wider 12 inch tire vs the stock 10.50 mounted on a 8.5 wheel should balloon a bit so I hope this helps negotiate clearance issues.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
...just fyi, this is a 7 year old thread and deerejohn265 hasn't logged into the site since 2016...you are unlikely to get a response from that user.

·
Registered
351 Posts
His avatar picture looks like they fit, but they do look tight!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts