My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
David in NC
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have never seen side panels on any older Sears Suburbans. I also know I havent seen everything there is to see so thats why I ask, Did Sears ever make side panels for Sears Suburbans? There are some installed on this one that is for sale and it just makes me curious. Im pretty sure that with the amount I have owned and seen, I feel these are probably custom BUT, I just wanted to make sure these arent something so super rare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190614139887?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
Wow, that looks sweet.. too bad it's probably baking the engine. eith those side panels on, i'll bet the air flow is next to nothing.. These are air cooled engines.. I just wonder if he's made some modifications for air flow, that we cant see.

Looking more closely, it looks like you'll need to remove a side panel, to use the mule drive. he's got the engine pulley pretty well burried.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
WOW!!!! That is one Nice looking tractor. Thanks for posting it. As far as I know Sears/Roper never used side panels. as far as Baking the enging, Cub cadet used side panels on alot of there tractors.

:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
all custom- Sears never made those. I would love to hear that run! looks like he has a 4" stack on it that barely comes out of the hood.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
as far as Baking the enging, Cub cadet used side panels on alot of there tractors.

:thThumbsU:thThumbsU
Yes, but the older Cubs with side panels were mainly shaft-driven with cooling fans that pulled air through the chassis. When I operate my Cub 882 I can feel air being forced out through the control slots in the dash.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Now thats a nice looking rig...........

·
David in NC
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all custom- Sears never made those. I would love to hear that run! looks like he has a 4" stack on it that barely comes out of the hood.
Thats what I thought, but you just never know these days. I too would love to hear it run. I bet it hits a mean lick!!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The engine air intake is in the belt guard, so no restriction there, and all the rectangular holes along the upper sides are open so the air can easily blow out. IIRC, it should be open to the ground between the frame rails behind the engine too so no worries there.
Looks well done, but definitely not my style. A bit too dolled up for a tool.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I saw those to and thinking that I might take that idea and use it some time.Most of the pulling tractors have those to keep flying engine part from hitting people in the crowd.I think it one of the rules.That one nice tractor but to rich for my blood.Be side I like building my own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.