My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since I am a newbee to all things sears (lol), I made this thread for my questions. Anyway, I have a problem with my starter/gen.
It wont turn the engine through the compression stroke. And it only has 1 terminal on the housing.
So, any help?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
is the belt slipping?

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i'm with small fry on this. you may not be able to see the other terminal without some disassembly.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i'm with small fry on this. you may not be able to see the other terminal without some disassembly.
I dont know. It shows no evidence of another terminal.
I checked sears for a wiring diagram, and they didnt have what I needed.
So could someone help me with that to?
I know, I am needy. :fing32:

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
As far as I know you need two terminals on a starter/gen ....
One input and one output...

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Maybe somebody swapped it for a motor, and it is not a generator? I've never seen a starter generator with only one terminal. Pictures might help. Ed

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What does the tag say ?
from what I can see on it, it says: anderson, ind.
delco-remy
model 1109451, serial 1G16
made in usa
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
sure the terminal isnt just broken off flush? is there an "F" stamped on it?

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sure the terminal isnt just broken off flush? is there an "F" stamped on it?
There is no F, and I dont see any resemblance of another terminal.
Ill just have to spend some money for a new generator.
I just need to get it running first.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
There's definitely supposed to be 2 terminals on it. It wouldn't work without an in and an out. That delco starter/generator looks stock, except for that open "cut away". Does it look as though someone cut that out? I'd pop the cover off of it, I'm sure you'll see on the housing where the other terminal is supposed to be.

e-Bay has them, but bid wars are common for them. They sell re-build kits(brushes etc..) for those generators if you're handy. You could send Joe from Joe's Outdoor an e-mail. He's a power seller and I've seen a few generators on his page from time to time.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's definitely supposed to be 2 terminals on it. It wouldn't work without an in and an out. That delco starter/generator looks stock, except for that open "cut away". Does it look as though someone cut that out? I'd pop the cover off of it, I'm sure you'll see on the housing where the other terminal is supposed to be.

e-Bay has them, but bid wars are common for them. They sell re-build kits(brushes etc..) for those generators if you're handy. You could send Joe from Joe's Outdoor an e-mail. He's a power seller and I've seen a few generators on his page from time to time.
It doesnt look like someone cut it. It looks like a motor.
And there is no other terminal.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Try a google search on delco-remy;and put in your model numbers--who knows,might not even go on that engine.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
yea craftsmankid, i dont think its the correct one... i have an extra if youre interested

1 - 20 of 24 Posts