My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STX38, Yellow Deck, Manual Transmission-

Getting close now, things almost 100% well let's be honest, closer to 90... but making progress

1) Is there a process for changing or at least checking the lubricant in the transaxel?

2) Out at the ends of the axels are grease zerks. I put the gun on them and put a few good pumps into them. How do I know when enough is enough? Usually you stop when the zerk takes no more but I want to be sure, because it seems like an empty pit! (I checked nothing is leaking out...)

thanks!

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
If it is the same as 100 series gear drives I believe the transaxle is sealed so there is no way to change it without disassembly. I'd start with where you are on grease and maybe hit again after a few hours of running when the new grease has redistributed.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you!

I do think the tranaxel is sealed, jusat wasn;t sure if there was something up near the neutral switch that I could not see.

And I agree on the grease, just seemed liek it was taking a lot, wanted to be sure it wasn't going where it shoudn't.

:trink40:

·
Registered
259 Posts
youll spend a fortune pumping grease to those zerks,those are just for the axle bushings,it is a sealed case,u have to split to check,it's really not that big of job, just give them 5 or six pumps and call it good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts