My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And Littletractorguy for posting the link to Brad's original post....I was experiencing what seems to be a typical problem with this line of tractors in which the starter switch is engaged and just a "click" response from the tractor....Brad had posted a solution back in 2009 (https://www.mytractorforum.com/215-...-section/95701-stx38-starter-problem-fix.html) it was very easy and less than $10 to do....I do have some wire and solder less wire connectors laying around, so I did not have to go and buy that...it was $3.50 for the relay and $3.50 for an in line fuse holder...the relay is just a 12V 40 amp relay "for adding auxiliary lighting or horns"...Brad's instructions show which of the numbered terminals on the relay go to what existing wiring and terminal points on your tractor

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,079 Posts
Now there is a nice, clean install to be proud of! Hope anyone taking on this project models it after your picture!

Glad it worked out well!

·
Registered
Simplicity LTG 12, John Deer LTX38
4 Posts
Hello All,

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Engine spins by hand
Stater spins by hand
Turn of the keys brings a solenoid clunck

Is there a wiring drawing/diagram for this please?

There are advantages to a warm dry garage.

·
Premium Member
22,079 Posts
Actually, I just needed to look at the diagram from one of the relays. I think I got it View attachment 2551613
Here is another schematic.

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram

If you have any questions please let me know. @MARK (LI), several others, and I have probably talked hundreds of folks thru the install. Don't remember if anyone reported no luck afterwards, as long as the problem and symptoms were as described.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
I put up with the "click" thing for 20 years and found Brad's instructions thru a Google search. Fixed the issue and gave the mower away the following week.Oh well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts