My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd have an "inventory reduction" to finance a future bathroom remodel, so for kicks I parked my black deck ('94) STX 38 out by the curb. Made a nice for sale sign for it and waited. The next day one of the local college coaches walked by and showed interest and eventually decided he wanted it. I let him practice mow with it, gave him the owners manual and key, then sent him on his way to study the manual overnite. Bright and early the next morning, he was parked at my door with a big grin, as well as what I thought was a big check. I asked if he had read the manual, to which his reply was "Yes, twice!". I told him I would deliver it (four blocks away) and he was just overwhelmed. I dropped it off and told him to be careful and safe with his new purchase and what should be done for maintenance. Then, out of the blue, he asked if there is any internet sites about LT's. So I told him about MTF and sung the praises of this site to him. He was obviously bitten by the bug and I'm sure he'll be a new convert here. I miss that STX though...

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
Well you always new the STX would have the grow up an leave the nest sometime. Off to College :sidelaugh

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Well you always new the STX would have the grow up an leave the nest sometime. Off to College :sidelaugh
Yeah, on a football field mowership. Being a John Deere, it'll go pro in three years.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have my yellow deck STX, because I think it cuts so much nicer than the black one. The heavier deck makes a dffference, IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts