My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i thought trading my LT4000 for this little sears was a good idea. wel now that i think about it i ****ed up. should never of traded for this thing. it has no spark and needs alott of work. what did i do:fing20::crybaby::banghead3

·
Banned
2 Posts
yes i do agree with yazooman ..I have been shafted once or twice myself ...I wont trade stuff anymore ..Unless i can hear The POS run first

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i guess i got screwed. but it is a cool little mower. iv heard there pretty rare. i owed one before so i know all about them to. and it is complete. it wont take to much to get running but a **** load of money to restore. paint bolts and the rest good thing its a min mower

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont feel bad ive been screwed over before too. You should come get my Indy 500. Cant get rid of it. Has 2 crooks come and ry to haggle me down and say it had an 18hp. Briggs in it when it clearly says on the motor 20hp. Onan. Gotta watch out when your tradin.
im tellin ya if i was in GA that thing would have been GONE. lol its a mean looking tractor i woulda loved to have it just for fun:greendr:

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Talk about screwey. This old guy wakes me up about ole Indy at 7am. Told him had a looker before him (didnt take it) Anyway old guy drives over an hour and looks her over. THEN...aint got no money. Says can give me a few bucks and come back to get when his S.S. check comes in. I said XXXX no i aint doin that. Then says heres a check..will come back tomo with cash and exchange check. Still got tractor here and his check. Hes got till noon tomo then it belongs to someone else. What in the world are people thinking? I feel like a fool for doin that but i aint lost nothing and i still got the tractor but it might be holding up a fast cash sale.

Oh yeah 71dodge thats a sweet little mower and i like it. Shoulda seen the 2 i went to look at today in good cond. JUNK..Missing parts and buried in a trashpile. I swear i will never understand people and their way of thinking in this business.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow. he must not want it. who drives a hour to see a mower and then has no money? stupid people. oh well rip the check up and sell er. ya snooze ya loose.

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
wow. he must not want it. who drives a hour to see a mower and then has no money? stupid people. oh well rip the check up and sell er. ya snooze ya loose.

I will give the old B the benifit of the doubt. Why gimme a XXXX check if he aint coming back rather the checks good or not? I bet hes gonna try and postpone gettin it. That aint gonna work. I will sell it in a heartbeat..Screw him.

·
Registered
260 Posts
71 dodge, believe it or not I had the exact same tractor that I bought from the original owner with the original owners manual. Got her runing after 10 years of sitting. Mine was a 1970, do you know the year of yours?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
1) I used to have one of those too when I was a teen in the 80s....
2) I never thought I'd be the one having to get used to a once monthly check from SS; it sucks; I would so like to return to work; if the SS thing is legit do give him the benefit of the doubt;

·
15,000 +posts!
20,570 Posts
I had two like those also years ago--they sat around forever,no one wanted them ,they were too small and low in HP I guess,no good to plow with or do more than mow & tow a cart..I finally ended up leaving them at the scrap yard one day,hated to jumk them but I was being hassled by the town for having too many in the yard..:(

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
I've been on the short end of a trade too many times to count; usually I suggest the trade bait; and I screw myself; the most recent time I made a trade (a couple weeks ago the other guy set it up and suggested what the trade bait would be; all I had to do was to agree or disagree; and in the end I came away way ahead. I almost said "NO" when I saw what I was about to get; I asked the guy "are you SURE"? several times because I felt bad about getting what I was for what I was giving up; I told him "no trade-backs" and so far I have not been asked for one; I hope he's happy with what he got from me. I still feel "guilty" sometimes but I was honest about my machine and told him all I knew and he still went with it; but at the end just before he left with his truck and I went the other way towards home with mine the other guy did ask me to keep his number and call him if I decided to part with what I got in the deal and he'd try to come up w/ the cash to buy it back from me; so I got a feeling that it "hit" him that he gave up more in $$ value than he got.

·
Registered
519 Posts
well i thought trading my LT4000 for this little sears was a good idea. wel now that i think about it i ****ed up. should never of traded for this thing. it has no spark and needs alott of work. what did i do:fing20::crybaby::banghead3
Don't worry about it,whats done is done. Just don't forget about it. It's one of lifes lessons.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had two like those also years ago--they sat around forever,no one wanted them ,they were too small and low in HP I guess,no good to plow with or do more than mow & tow a cart..I finally ended up leaving them at the scrap yard one day,hated to jumk them but I was being hassled by the town for having too many in the yard..:(
What is the magic number? You can have 9 tractors, but that tenth one has to go? :sorry1:

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Then says heres a check..will come back tomo with cash and exchange check. Still got tractor here and his check. Hes got till noon tomo then it belongs to someone else.
Oh, that guy, the guy you sold it to first, then sold it for cash later.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's the same thing everyone said about the Thomas Edison record player. So everyone threw them out. Now, go ahead and try to buy one today. You have a unique classic that will become verr rare ~ maybe they already are impossible to buy. Who knows?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
71 dodge, believe it or not I had the exact same tractor that I bought from the original owner with the original owners manual. Got her runing after 10 years of sitting. Mine was a 1970, do you know the year of yours?
wanna sell the owners manual? or copy it? i need one

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's the same thing everyone said about the Thomas Edison record player. So everyone threw them out. Now, go ahead and try to buy one today. You have a unique classic that will become verr rare ~ maybe they already are impossible to buy. Who knows?
that is true.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts