My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Broadmoor deck together and need to push some dirt around with the old Sears Gt16 but it won't stop raining here in PA!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hear your words - I feel your pain! :(

When I get home from work, all I want to do is get some seat time. More rain in the forecast for tomorrow - It's going to be some wet, heavy dirt this weekend! :Disgus:

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
We got about 2 inches last night and this morning. I was glad to see it. Things were getting really dry.

·
collector of the old
380 Posts
I kno what you mean F250 i live in Pa also and it hasnt stoped

·
Registered
441 Posts
Been raining here in Maine all week . Seat time has been minimal at best . really need to get some work done , but mother nature isn't cooperating .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Been raining here in Maine all week . Seat time has been minimal at best . really need to get some work done , but mother nature isn't cooperating .
Just can't win.:biglaugh:

I was sick as a dog last weekend and got nothing done. This morning was miserable, but then the sun came out with a light breeze and all is looking well. I decided to take a half day off from work and headed home.
Had some lunch and headed out to the shed. Looking a little ominous now. I pull the trim mower out to start the neighbors yard......and a light drizzle starts.

I'll wait a little and see what happens. Gets a little heavier so I'm thinking plan B. Pull out the 12.5 LTH and cut the neighbors field. That deck is due for a cleaning so I might as well gunk it up anyway. Rain will probably stop soon.

Nope rain gets pretty steady and hard now. OK, go to plan C. Bag the mowing and split some wood when the rain lets up. Problem.....rain doesn't let up.

I go to plan D. Screw it all. Go in the house, put the sweats on and hop online. At least I mean't well.:bonk:

Maybe better luck tomorrow.

Another PA. guy here.

Kevin

·
Registered
441 Posts
Lol , I work just weekends so this past week just sucked . Was nice all day , while I was at work . Then within 1/2 hour of getting home it would start raining . Then on my first day off , of course it rained . and the next day , and the next day , etc .

Finally , on my last day off , it stopped raining just before picking up my daughter from school . Had a whopping 3 hours of clear sky for the whole week .

Yup , post count definitely goes up on weeks like this .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Somehow I got it done today.
I cut half of my neighbors field, then my wife took over and finished it while I started the neighbors yard. It got dark and a quick drizzle hit, but not too bad.
Finally got to my yard while my wife hit the neighbors with the backpack blower to disperse the heavier clippings.
I was just finishing up my yard when the skies opened up and the lightening came. Time to pack it in.
I still have a path that I cut through the neighbors other fields to do, but thats for tomorrow. I usually go for a walk in the woods when I do this, so sounds like a good Sunday task.........if it doesn't rain.:)

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts