My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a stuck rim on a keyed shaft. Anybody have any ides! Already soaked the crap out of it with PB!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just ran across this same problem with a tractor I was junking . Eneded up using a harmonic balancer puller to get the tire/rim off . Just used long bolts through the weight mount holes to get the job done . Actually worked really well .

Just a thought .

·
Loves Orange and White
34 Posts
Just ran across this same problem with a tractor I was junking . Eneded up using a harmonic balancer puller to get the tire/rim off . Just used long bolts through the weight mount holes to get the job done . Actually worked really well .

Just a thought .

Good advise. One word of caution if the wheel is really rusted in place you might bend the wheel before it breaks loose. Watch closely and proceed with caution. The Broadmoor I bought recently had a frozen wheel that had to be pushed off with a bearing press. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts

Just a thought .
============================================================

I tried the method -ptmmatssc- used first but it failed on mine. I suppose the degree of STUCK could be nearly infinite.

I split the hub on mine but here on the forum somewhere some have welded a piece, like a 3/4" pipe coupling to the hub end with a nut that has been welded to the coupling. Then a cap screw (bolt) can be used as a pusher.

What ever you do don't beat on it no matter how bad you would like to. The end result of that is often a different or new transaxle.

·
Loves Orange and White
34 Posts
A "heads up" is better than a bent rim!
A stuck straight rim is better than a bent rim that can't be removed!
I hope the rim pull works for you. You will need to put a center drilled hole in the axle so the puller has a place for it's point.

If you can get the pressure to the hub portion instead of the rim you will be way ahead of the game. A local fab shop should be able to help.

:goodl:

·
Collector of many tractors
15,270 Posts
If your trying to take it off to change a tire just change the tire while its on the tractor...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts