My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cutoff valve at the bottom of the fuel tank of my 6163G seems to be stuck in the closed position. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to free this up without taking off the gas tank, or will I need to take off the tank and free up or replace the valve?

Thanks for any advice anyone has to offer.

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
Your options are limited. If it were mine I would pull the tank and replace the valve. It is likely time to replace the fuel line anyway.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,737 Posts
Normally when they get stck either the rubber seal has swelled or it is clogged with rust. Both call for removqal and replacement. Good time to clean out the tank too.

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
Fuel tanks can be a bit of a pandoras box. Be prepared for the worst.

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,819 Posts
At least those valves are readily replaceable. I have the old style on my walkbehind that uses a metal fuel line instead of a rubber one. Those valves are much harder to find.

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
I got tired of the hard metal lines and replaced them with rubber fuel line. The metal potentially lasts longer but the rubber looks better and is easier for me to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.