My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things I don't like to see is someone operating aq string trimmer without any kind of eye protection.I wear shatterproof eeglasses and get all kinds of debris stuck to the lenses.Also have had pieces which hit on my cheek which hurt and thought about what that would be like in eyes.Please wear saftey glasses.Eyes can't be replaced.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
For sure the glasses, that and jeans, not shorts, ask me how I know. I did it and my legs looked like they were attacked by a herd of po'd hornets. Yes my claim to fame never was the brightest bulb in the tree :)....Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wear my eyeglasses, and a face shield over that. Keeps ya glasses cleaner. And for you vain types, keeps your face PRETTIER too! :trink39:

I learned years ago, you only have one set of eyes...

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I use, and require others to do the same, a hard hat designed for using a chainsaw. Attached hearing protection and a screen face shield. The screen allows better airflow and the vision is fine.

Like the OP said, eyes can't be replaced but neither can hearing. I've about destroyed me hearing over the years and I'm super cautious about this with those around me. My bad hearing is a super incentive for them.

Mike

·
16,815 Posts
I use, and require others to do the same, a hard hat designed for using a chainsaw. Attached hearing protection and a screen face shield. The screen allows better airflow and the vision is fine.

Like the OP said, eyes can't be replaced but neither can hearing. I've about destroyed me hearing over the years and I'm super cautious about this with those around me. My bad hearing is a super incentive for them.Mike

Agreed--100%!!! Eye protection, but also defionately hearing protection--around any small engine noises.....My hearing is also de-bilitated, and exactly from useage , years and years around heavy equipment, loud trucks, shop noisess, etc. Can't get that back---:crybaby:

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
I heartily agree with Glenn and Mike... and I have lost a ton of hearing frequencies ranges over the years as well. Up until 10 years ago I always used just my Rx safety prescription everyday glasses and ear muffs until I got hit between the bridge of my nose and eye with a ½" piece of trimmer line. It felt like a hornet sting and stuck right into the skin. I didn't have to see that one again, so I started using a full face grinding shield after that and fought the fogging up polycarbonate. Now it's my Stihl chainsawing hardhat w/screen and earmuffs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts