My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Blank Space
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scale of 1 to 10, maybe a 30. Medical and financial. Can't talk to anyone. Can't explain more here. Just need to deal.

Heart is racing. Mind is racing. Hard to focus. Shaky. Nervous. Could lose everything.

Have some options but can't get answers until Monday or later.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Well, Obscured_by_Clouds, you need to expand these thoughts just a tad bit to help us understand just what it is that is troubling you so. Some of us may have the advice you need.

April 2010 to July 2012 was a very interesting time for me. Had an accident at work where I knew my working days were over. Company contested the accident which meant Workman's Comp couldn't pay anything until the case wended it's way through the court system. You also can't get any unemployment or state benefits or even food stamps. Zero money coming in. Social Security took a bit over 5 years to agree that I was disabled. A very questionable thing that Workman's Comp did pay for was the medical care for the accident which included massive quantities of opiates to deal with the pain. In August of 2012, after exhausting my savings trying to stay afloat in an urban environment, I became homeless and lost everything. That on the streets homeless period lasted for the next 3 years and change until Social Security finally determined that I was disabled and couldn't work again. In that period, I traveled 2,600 miles to a new place and began living life again. Today, even though I'm poor and just slightly above poverty, I'm quite happy and drug free.

Talk to us, Obscured_by_Clouds!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I eliminated stressors by eliminating forums where people can't seem to interact in a civil manner. Dumped my brewing forum after being on it for 8 years as well as my Toyota forum.

I will NOT respond to people who aren't being civil or just want to argue either. Just a waste of time and self-inflicted stress. People in real life who can't act civil have also been eliminated. I don't have time for folks who can't be nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts