My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought this "red headed" step child home. Better play nice with the others!

Needed a complete carb and assembly, had the carb. All new drive axle gears/assembly, got "borrowed", and a new drive cable. Repacked the gear box, and buffed him up a bit. Not too bad for 14 years old. 1 pull to start also! I did remember to add some lock washers to the muffler as to not shear them should they decide to want to exit at some point. Never had my other V's come loose though. Basically put it all back together for $0.00! It's good to have people working at and owning Toro dealerships. :thThumbsU

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks IMA. I may keep it or move it. Will give it a trial run for the next mow. Can probably get $150 for it now, no problem. Used pushers/riders are flyin' out the door these days! Can't keep them long enough to clean and tune them up before people are in asking for them!

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
B.T.W., the coil was capute when I drug it home. 275 for 15 minutes has revived it well! Wonder how long it'll last?

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hate the V's.....:banghead3
They're not THAT BAD, guys come on! I'd still rather own one than MANY of the other bottom barreled feeders that were produced out there! At least this one is supposed to burn oil with the combustion cycle. My first Toro was a 98' model Super Recycler sporting a 6hp Quantum. Cut good. Wondering if mowing performance will be similar in terms of mulching since the deck is about the same?. Will find out soon enough.......
It's just another one to add to the group for now. I've got plenty to choose from for back up if need be cause I tain't no pErfesSional mowin' man needin' to make $$ with it, so if it craps out er gets busted up, oh well then. I'll either repair it or scrap it! N.B.D.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a good engine, I'd run one. They run great for me. Maybe I have the V touch, I dunno.

I have no doubts the V will outperform that 6hp 4 stroke
Haven't done any serious comparison checks, but most every 2 cycle Lawn Boy I've owned seemed to cut as well as and burn almost half as much fuel to do the same job as a 4 stroke. How can you not like that?

·
Decesaed (R.I.P.)
1,957 Posts
What 6hp 4 stroke!? My Toro!?:banghead3
Echo was talking about his older 6hp Quantum
"They're not THAT BAD, guys come on! I'd still rather own one than MANY of the other bottom barreled feeders that were produced out there! At least this one is supposed to burn oil with the combustion cycle. My first Toro was a 98' model Super Recycler sporting a 6hp Quantum. Cut good. Wondering if mowing performance will be similar in terms of mulching since the deck is about the same?. Will find out soon enough......."

I would take a V over any 4 stroke any day period

1 - 20 of 42 Posts