My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of hydraulics questions about my 76 444.

1) The tractor jerks back a litlle when I engage the hydraulic lift while the tractor is stopped. But it only happens just after I stop the tractor from forward movement and only happens once. After that I can move the lift up and down no problem until, of course, I move forward again. Is this normal or do I have some sort of a problem?

2) When I leave the snow blade up it slowly comes down over night. It is not a visible movement and doesn't impair the use of it but I am wondering if that's acceptable.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Regarding your first question: I don't have a clue, I know that if I want to circulate the hydraulic system oil with the tractor NOT moving, and I set the hi/low range in the center, I first have to go PAST the center nuetral stud, then back to center (nuetral) or else my tractor will lunge forward still in gear when the travel lever is actuated. I don't know what would be causing your tractor to move in any direction with the lift lever. Someone else should be able to help.

Your 2nd question, my lift cylinder will also slowly lower overnight and this could be worn out seals in the cylinder body, they are still available to buy and replace if that is indeed the problem.

Contact bhildret, he is an ingersoll dealer and will probably know the exact parts you need.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
To find your parts list for your tractor, here is the link, you will need to have your serial number handy to ensure the right manual.

http://eastmanind.com.mytempweb.com/INGERSOLL/IngersollAttachments/tabid/196/Default.aspx

Then find the schematic of the lift cylinder and study it. That way if you DO have to repair it, you have part numbers and an idea of where things go and how they work.

Sorry, I assumed before that you might have already know to look there. I am sorry about that.

Also, I was a little off topic in answering your first question, but I was only trying to show an example of the kind of tractor behavior you described. That is the only time mine unexpectantly jumps or lurches.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Mine does it too, but only sometimes. Not really a big problem, because it only moves about 2 inches at the most. I would guess that it has to be a problem that is internal to the travel valve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts