My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
USN
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a car that belonged to the government (DEA) and it came with siren (disconnected) still under the hood. I thought about installing it (haven't done it yet) in my GT just for laughs. Then I wondered what other useless, looney gadgets others have installed on their GT's.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've thought about adding a horn to mine, and maybe a few flashing lights. . .but I can justify all of those as having a purpose (safety/practicality.)

I do have some legitimate (and legal) situations where adding a set of railroad wheels to my tractor would come in handy, but it would make it way too bulky (too wide.)

Some other suggestions :

-An electric can cooler in the cupholder to keep your soda cool while you mow?
-12v fan to keep you cool?
-Windshield wiper. (Would get especially puzzling looks on tractors without cabs.)
-Adjustable ride height suspension?

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,095 Posts
Air horns.... Definitely THOUGHT about air horns! Have I done it? No.... Not YET anyway!

Other things on my list:

12 v. leaf blower, with LOTS Of duct tape, for those days when the snow is not deep enough to warrant using the blade or the snow blower (C'mon, I don't want to have to CARRY the leaf blower! THAT'S too much like WORK!)

Broom heads (and once again, a whole bunch of duct tape!): I'd duct tape them or fasten them to the underside of the blade, for those low snow kinda days (there's no such thing as a sweeper broom for my little tractor, so I gotta improvise!)

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
I think some have already been done.... For me, hmmmm Most I have done is replace the rear reflector tape with regular "marker" tail lights, and thought of adding a 400W inverter for what :dunno:

Some other thoughts
Air Bags.
Wood Wheels.
Home made cab,
" Plow
and flotation devices.

Attachments

·
Blank Space
3,164 Posts
and thought of adding a 400W inverter for what :dunno:
I'm actually considering doing that for the times I need something electrical like a hedge trimmer when I'm too far from the house. I have to figure out if it would power the trimmer and not eat the LT battery.

I know they make cordless ones, but I don't have one. If I did, the inverter might be used to keep a spare battery charged for the cordless tool.

I already have a 12V outlet for a tire inflater.

·
Super Moderator
23,318 Posts
I did the air horn thing back in '82. Sold the cab 10 years later 'cause it woudn't fit with the loader. :banghead3:banghead3

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
-Rubber ground straps with reflectors
-I keep thinking about those mini-superchargers that JC Whitney used to sell that went between the carb and manifold. I think they advertised up to 5% hp increase!!!
-Maybe fold down sun visers on the ROPS
-Curb feelers
-Flying a MTF flag wouldn't be strange, though!

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
This has been discussed before but the most useless thing already installed on my tractors are the gas gauges. On most of my Deeres they are all clouded over and on my Craftsman the little window was useless from day one!

·
Registered
71 Posts
This has been discussed before but the most useless thing already installed on my tractors are the gas gauges. On most of my Deeres they are all clouded over and on my Craftsman the little window was useless from day one!
Agree, but I did have an old Craftsman that had a low fuel light that was rather handy. No gauge, just the light, and when it came on I knew had about 15 - 20 min left.

·
YS4500 Driver
69 Posts
I disconnected the headlight switch (I don't cut grass in the dark) and installed a "back-up" beeper......BEEP-BEEP-BEEP.... The cup holder is modified to hold a beer perfectly also...... When I run outta beer, I turn on the BEEP BEEP and my wife brings out a cold one and puts it on the corner of the deck......I swing by and exchange bottles.....

I think this is a cool and very necessary modification.....

James

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I've always wanted to put big air horns on my tractor, but I cannot find a place that sells 6 volt air horns (as my tractor has a six volt battery)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts