My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 834 Posts

·
Professional Homeowner
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cruising this and several other forums throughout the net, I've seen many different nicknames for people, that is, what they are known as on the forum. Some of the names are simply the person's name. Some are variations of the person's name.

I'm wondering the stories behind the names. I'll start. I'm steddy. That's what they used to call me at a place I used to work. I would work very diligently on a CAD model for hours on end, never looking away from the screen. Hence, Steddy Teddy.

What are yours?

One more- How about your titles? Mine says "Living the dream!" At the time I did that up, I was a bit more comfortable in life than I am right now, what with the economy & all. It still isn't too bad, but I'm not where I once was. Getting better again, though.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I was named after my Mom's Dad. D&M were staying with my Da's Mom when I was born and she HATED my Mom's Dad. She refused to call me by his name and when they brought me home from the hospital she call me here little Sonny-boy and I have gone by Sonny ever since. :duh: She wouldn't let anyone on my Dad's side call me anything else.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well mine was my dads nickname that was given to him buy one of his neighbors as a kid. It just kinda got passed to me. Some times when were in town at the gas station or somthing someone will be like hey Skeeter and me and my dad will both say hey. lol

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I'm Ken and live in NJ :sidelaugh Not much of a story Huh ?? Maybe a bad one cause I live in NJ :drunkie: :drunkie:

·
16,283 Posts
My god-given name is Glenn--and "27" is my favorite /lucky , and was my unit number for years @ work when we used a two -way radio system to communicate with the field guys...

(Hence:

glenn27 :ROF

Cletus
was another handle a lot of folks used on me--'cuz I was always messing with the old stuff--wherever it might be...):duh:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Mine was born from surveying. After cutting sight lines with a machete the pointy stubs that were left up about a foot above ground were "shingetters".

·
5000 posts and climbing
5,454 Posts
m.jodrey = m is the first initial of my first name,and jodrey is my last name.

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
Freebird was my old CB handle many years back, so I found it handy for a screen name.

·
Super Moderator
15,380 Posts
I have gone by the title of Sergeant since I Was 19 and promoted to Sergeant and was called that till I retired a Master Sergeant in 2002. In my Job as a Civilian Miltary Advisor my co-workers still call me Sergeant.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have a Dodge Ram that is Purple....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mine is my initials. My dermatologist started referring to me as "doubleh" when we were both young men. I'm retired now and he is semi-retired. He still takes care of us old geezers that he has treated for years.

·
Central Kentucky
1,245 Posts
Mine screen name was derived when I purchase my motor coach shortly after retiring. It was a Fleetwood Discovery. The coach had been sitting next to a busy highway for two years and was extremely dirty. When drove her home for the first time, my neighbor said "Boy that is one BIG D motor home". Seems the dirt from sitting near a highway had covered the rest of the word "Discovery" and all he saw was the "D". The name stuck and became my CB handle.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The name of the first scratch built r/c plane I ever made, it flew so well I made 2 of them hence skyrydr2.

1 - 20 of 834 Posts