My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Please help me pick the right loader for my x595. I have to decide by tomorrow.

1. MX C1 - made by a French company, seems to be doing good stuff. I need to go through a dealer to get it - and they proved to be very unknowing of this model. I expect it to cost around €3,5k and there might be a shipping cost.
2. Stoll 150L - made by a German company, with great use in Europe from what I can see. I found this one, and I can get it home for €2.7k

Both are NSL, pin buckets, both come with the quick on-off type of connection to the tractor.
The MX is curved, so it matches much better the lines of the tractor, and it seems to be a bit more compact (the bucket closer to the tractor in the float position - but not sure, from the documentation it seems to have the same dump reach).
The Stoll seems to be a much sturdier build (especially at the point of connection to the bucket - the MX only has some relatively thin sheet metal on the lower arm).
Another difference is in weight (Stoll weighs 385lbs arms + bucket and MX 300lbs). From what I know the original 45 loader weighs 515 altogether. So I'd say Stoll is pretty close.

Here are some pics with both of them on a 1026R.
The MX of CHQ16290
Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Tractor Mower Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Lawn Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Outdoor power equipment

The Stoll is from an ad (and is an MSL, the one I found is NSL):

Vehicle Outdoor power equipment Lawn mower Riding mower Tractor Vehicle Tractor Outdoor power equipment Wheel Automotive wheel system

And on a Kubota and TYM (NSL version)

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor All-terrain vehicle Agricultural machinery Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Grass Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Transport Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Tree

I have a transporter that can go pick the Stoll up on Monday. I told him to go, but then I started analyzing them again line by line and I'm not sure if it's the right choice.
What do you guys make of it? Stoll is cheaper (because it's a stock item), I can have it next week (but not that big of an advantage), it's a stronger build, BUT...it's heavier, might have the bucket further away from the tractor, and the dump angle is only 29 degrees. Also, MX claims 4in digging capability, while Stoll just 2in.

Am I overthinking it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't know anything about either of them - no sure how many would in the states. That being said those of us who have a 45 loader find it indispensable as do others that have the buford, little buck and other mini-loaders. The Stoll looks similar to the 45 and that seems to work pretty well on the machine you have. I thought the reason for the curved loaders was to get the arms further out for dumping height, if that's true then the MX might lift less. I didn't see an apples to apples spec comparison listed on the websites. I don't think you can go wrong with either one; but if you have arrangements to get the Stoll maybe that's the one for you!

Let us know what you decide and we want to see pics!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply @ivel03 !

I added the specs here:

Text Font Line Design Document Text Font

·
Super Moderator
17,460 Posts
The Stoll 150L will Probably be You best bet
Are You Going to Build a sub frame for the Loader or do these Have sub frame that go under the Frame if Not Looking at the Stoll sub frame Mounts shown look like the Could be Bolted Into the X585 series frame easier then the MX (y)

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Hello everyone,

Please help me pick the right loader for my x595. I have to decide by tomorrow.

1. MX C1 - made by a French company, seems to be doing good stuff. I need to go through a dealer to get it - and they proved to be very unknowing of this model. I expect it to cost around €3,5k and there might be a shipping cost.
2. Stoll 150L - made by a German company, with great use in Europe from what I can see. I found this one, and I can get it home for €2.7k

Both are NSL, pin buckets, both come with the quick on-off type of connection to the tractor.
The MX is curved, so it matches much better the lines of the tractor, and it seems to be a bit more compact (the bucket closer to the tractor in the float position - but not sure, from the documentation it seems to have the same dump reach).
The Stoll seems to be a much sturdier build (especially at the point of connection to the bucket - the MX only has some relatively thin sheet metal on the lower arm).
Another difference is in weight (Stoll weighs 385lbs arms + bucket and MX 300lbs). From what I know the original 45 loader weighs 515 altogether. So I'd say Stoll is pretty close.

Here are some pics with both of them on a 1026R.
The MX of CHQ16290
View attachment 2482204 View attachment 2482205 View attachment 2482206

The Stoll is from an ad (and is an MSL, the one I found is NSL):

View attachment 2482202 View attachment 2482203

And on a Kubota and TYM (NSL version)

View attachment 2482201 View attachment 2482200 View attachment 2482199 View attachment 2482198

I have a transporter that can go pick the Stoll up on Monday. I told him to go, but then I started analyzing them again line by line and I'm not sure if it's the right choice.
What do you guys make of it? Stoll is cheaper (because it's a stock item), I can have it next week (but not that big of an advantage), it's a stronger build, BUT...it's heavier, might have the bucket further away from the tractor, and the dump angle is only 29 degrees. Also, MX claims 4in digging capability, while Stoll just 2in.

Am I overthinking it?
Pics from Germany, very cool (y) :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Stoll 150L will Probably be You best bet
Are You Going to Build a sub frame for the Loader or do these Have sub frame that go under the Frame if Not Looking at the Stoll sub frame Mounts shown look like the Could be Bolted Into the X585 series frame easier then the MX (y)
I would have to build the pillars for either of them. The MX comes with a more complicated system, which goes to the back of the tractor as well. The Stoll only bolts on where there's the place for mounting the loader on the sub-frame. If it weren't for the footrest, I think I would be able to use the supplied Kioti mounts. But I'll probably have to redo them entirely. I'm considering how to do that since the x595 has the holes for the cross-beam.

Pics from Germany, very cool (y) :)
Hehe, yeah, nice place to get things from :p Btw, what happened with all your big garden tractors? You seem to have downsized heavily.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I would have to build the pillars for either of them. The MX comes with a more complicated system, which goes to the back of the tractor as well. The Stoll only bolts on where there's the place for mounting the loader on the sub-frame. If it weren't for the footrest, I think I would be able to use the supplied Kioti mounts. But I'll probably have to redo them entirely. I'm considering how to do that since the x595 has the holes for the cross-beam.

Hehe, yeah, nice place to get things from :p Btw, what happened with all your big garden tractors? You seem to have downsized heavily.
Yes that's right.
i had very serious accident motocross, i am very happy to be alive. I couldn't do business for 2 years. I had to sell a lot of things, including all tractors to support my family, house and property
Now it's getting better, I was able to keep my house, the cars and my family, everything is ok again

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that's right.
i had very serious accident motocross, i am very happy to be alive. I couldn't do business for 2 years. I had to sell a lot of things, including all tractors to support my family, house and property
Now it's getting better, I was able to keep my house, the cars and my family, everything is ok again
Sorry to hear about the troubles you've been through. It's great that you were able to get through it and come on the other side. Good luck looking forward and I hope you'll be able to get whichever JD you please.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Having run both SL and non-SL loaders (both mechanical and electro-hydraulic) on larger framed equipment, it would be difficult to convince me to buy one that wasn't self levelling.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Having never used a self-leveling loader and never even seen one available on a small tractor, I don't know what I am missing. But, I would not want to not get a loader because it was not self-leveling in the size I needed for my tractor.

I think this might be like position control for a 3PH. I did not know what that was when I bought my CUT. Had I known, I might have paid the extra $1-2K for the slightly bigger/better tractor that had it. But, my smallest CUT is already too big for some tasks, so bigger would not be better for my property and usage. Position Control for the 3PH is now available in the same size tractor. But, I decided I didn't really need to spend $20K (minus resale value) for a new tractor to get something slightly better.

Back to the topic, it looks like both loader's have pin on buckets. I recently upgraded mine to quick attach. It is a proprietary system, but I now have actual forks and an small grapple, and a 2" receiver. It is really easy to change front implements now and opens up a whole new set of possibilities. But at about $3K for the QA, grapple, forks, diverter, it was not cheap. I do put it into the "worth it" category and wish I had done this years ago.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@x738, thanks for the insight. Indeed, I would have loved for it to be an MSL, but the only option to get one would be to buy the Stoll direct from the factory. That means €2,5k on top of the current price. The attractiveness of the one I found is the fact that it's a second-hand price, with it being new.

@Frogmore, to be honest, I am considering almost every day recently the small difference in price I had to the 1 series if I continue to add new implements to the x595...but then I remind myself that I have an orchard that is very dense and with low hanging branches and I would probably hate it in that part of the property. I don't know, I'll see how it does in the tasks next year...hopefully, it won't feel under potent.

The issue at the purchase moment was the fact that in Europe you can't find 1026Rs second hand...So the price is almost double what I paid for the x595. But when adding implements that are new (loader, backhoe), the price difference shrinks compared to the total amount paid.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sooo, I got the Stoll. It’s now on it’s way home. I need to order the valves and everything to mount it.

Thank you all for your feedback and help

Vehicle Wood Black Natural material Pet supply

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Super Moderator
17,460 Posts
Valentin whats the average snow fall in your area over the winter? How Manny centimeters do you get in a average snow fall ? Since I see You already Have the white stuff on the ground (y)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I am sure you will be happy. Many people say bigger is better and that is definitely true for many tractor tasks where you need traction. But, like a bull in a china shop, one that is too big for the space can do a lot of damage. Technique also matters. If you don't have raw power, you have to be smarter about how you tackle projects. If you need to move 1000 cubic meters of material, it will take you longer, but the difference in capability and speed with the X595 and 1 series is not so great. (But for that task I would want a bigger loader and tractor.)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Sergeant, I’ve only moved in this place 2y ago, today actually, and the fist year was with quite a bit of snow, last year almost nothing, and this year about 2” that have lasted the last week and a half I think.

Snow Winter Freezing Landscape Winter storm Natural landscape Water Winter Sky Wilderness Snow Winter Atmospheric phenomenon Freezing Tree Tree Black-and-white Rock Woody plant Branch

@Frogmore yeah, I think starting with a x595 is definitey a good spot. I’ll see the limitations and decide if I need to trade up. Right now I just need to get all the parts required to install the loader.

·
Super Moderator
17,460 Posts
@Sergeant, I’ve only moved in this place 2y ago, today actually, and the fist year was with quite a bit of snow, last year almost nothing, and this year about 2” that have lasted the last week and a half I think.

View attachment 2482525 View attachment 2482526 View attachment 2482527 View attachment 2482528

@Frogmore yeah, I think starting with a x595 is definitey a good spot. I’ll see the limitations and decide if I need to trade up. Right now I just need to get all the parts required to install the loader.
Funny I have been In every country around Romania But Never In Romania But Have even been to Moldova though I was In Moldova By Mistake My Ukrainian Military driver took the wrong road south.
It Looks Like a Nice area that you live In(y)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha...that sounds like an interesting story :D
We're pretty friendly with NATO and the American military...there are a lot of army guys stationed here.

Yeah, it's a very nice area...and with a lot of projects. I have "just" 1.43 acres...but around here, that's huge...as we're really close to a big city. And with being very anxious and wanting to do everything asap, that means I need to get as much help as I can get ;)
And being in a foreign village, where I don't really know that many people, I like to be self-sufficient. Hence the loader and maybe a small backhoe on the back. I have been looking at something similar to Value Leader BHM 5...or the PF-Engineering backhoe...do you guys have any experience with this kind of equipment? Is it worth it? Do I risk breaking the frame? Or is the pump weak enough to not cause any real damage?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Btw, here are some more pictures with the property from the summer.
Property Land lot Nature reserve Tree Real estate Natural landscape Land lot Property Vegetation Grass Property Land lot House Rural area Building Land lot Property Grass Lawn Natural landscape Vegetation Nature Plant Natural landscape Plant community

·
Super Moderator
17,460 Posts
Haha...that sounds like an interesting story :D
We're pretty friendly with NATO and the American military...there are a lot of army guys stationed here.

Yeah, it's a very nice area...and with a lot of projects. I have "just" 1.43 acres...but around here, that's huge...as we're really close to a big city. And with being very anxious and wanting to do everything asap, that means I need to get as much help as I can get ;)
And being in a foreign village, where I don't really know that many people, I like to be self-sufficient. Hence the loader and maybe a small backhoe on the back. I have been looking at something similar to Value Leader BHM 5...or the PF-Engineering backhoe...do you guys have any experience with this kind of equipment? Is it worth it? Do I risk breaking the frame? Or is the pump weak enough to not cause any real damage?
Well there is a Canadian company that actually Makes a Backhoe for Your Tractor Wallenstein Equipment I think the export to Europe

I retired from the US Army 2002 Been a Civilian Military advisor from 2005 till 2012 and 2019 till Present But I ride a desk now and don't travel Further Then Washington DC Though I was In Ukraine In 2019 for 5 days (y)
Text Line Font Screenshot

1 - 20 of 23 Posts