My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I install the K66Y on my X300 at the beginning of the year, I did not have the opportunity to really test the capacity of the transaxle.
Now it's done and I will not be afraid of doing big task. :D

Check the video Here, enjoy. :)

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Re: Stladrill X300"GT" K66Y pulling test

:congrats: Congrats ! real nice job, and looks like you should have no problem with plenty of tranny power :fing32:.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

Very cool tractor you have there! Nice upgrade for sure. The K66 is tough. FYI, there are no relief valves in that transmission (or any Tuff Torq transmission), so be careful fully loading it like that where the wheels can't spin. Wheel spin is "relief".

Enjoy! Please share some vids of you working it!

·
Super Moderator
35,833 Posts

I was expecting the concrete to bust loose with all that pull!!!!

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Very cool tractor you have there! Nice upgrade for sure. The K66 is tough. FYI, there are no relief valves in that transmission (or any Tuff Torq transmission), so be careful fully loading it like that where the wheels can't spin. Wheel spin is "relief".

Enjoy! Please share some vids of you working it!
Yes I know about the relief, that's why I did not push it at max only haft and I did not put the rear suitcase weight to give it a weak point. :fing32:

·
Registered
431 Posts

Nice, i was waiting on the concrete to give! Great job!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts

Stladrill,

Nice job on the pull test. Very impressive. You must have the toughest X300 going!

I really like your tractor. I bet you can't wait for l'hiver! Which should arrive in a couple weeks, right?:D

Engine Tech -- Good comment there. But one quibble: My understanding is that the TT K92 does have a built-in relief valve. No? If you have some expertise on this, maybe you could come over to this thread and comment? Thanks.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Stladrill,

Nice job on the pull test. Very impressive. You must have the toughest X300 going!

I really like your tractor. I bet you can't wait for l'hiver! Which should arrive in a couple weeks, right?:D

:thanku: :snowing::sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts

Stladrill you wrote the book on this subject !! Good Job man !

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks, folks!

Note: It’s very kind of you all for the French comment, it's appreciated.:fing32:

·
Citizen of Earth
15,743 Posts

:thThumbsU You asked me to enjoy the video and I did enjoy it. I also expected to see the concrete break away. Looks like you have your machine now set up for any task you need done.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,775 Posts

FYI, there are no relief valves in that transmission (or any Tuff Torq transmission)

Some of the heavy duty TT trannies do have a relief valve. Case in point, K92 in my 2305 has a press. relief valve in the hydro drive circuit...

cheers!

·
Registered
40 Posts

What is gained by changing the trans from the stock X300 to this one? My X300 pulls just fine unlike my old 175 Hydro that wouldn't go up steep hills.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

What is gained by changing the trans from the stock X300 to this one? My X300 pulls just fine unlike my old 175 Hydro that wouldn't go up steep hills.
The short answer is: the X300 is equipped with a Tuff Torq K46.

You will find many thread/post about that subject. :fing32:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

FYI, there are no relief valves in that transmission (or any Tuff Torq transmission)

Some of the heavy duty TT trannies do have a relief valve. Case in point, K92 in my 2305 has a press. relief valve in the hydro drive circuit...

cheers!
You are right, I made too broad a statement as I was thinking only lawn tractor and L&G tractor trannys. Compact utility tractors have always them like you said. Thanks for the correction!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts