My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks, :)

I already have a Snap-On gravity feed sandblaster, for small job it's fine but I have a trailer frame (6'x11') to clean so the need for a more efficient sandblaster was required.

I search on the Internet at first to buy one but it's way to much expensive, around $600 for a good one.

After viewing a couple of plan and video on how to built one, I decide to make one.

I took the 20 gallon air compressor tank that I have with some fitting and high pressure hose and Voila!!!

I did some preliminary test with the suspension parts from the trailer, not bad IMO. :)

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That's pretty slick Steph. I like it and it's a great way to make use of some extra parts laying around.

Looks like it does a pretty good job too.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thanku:

I need to practice to regulate the air/abrasive flow correctly to maximize the cleaning process.

I use crushed glass for abrasive material.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
How do you fill it though?

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's hard to see , behind the hose a screw cap of 2.5 inch with a air release valve.
I know this is and old post but I was looking around and found this. I can't see the pics from the first post. I have a 20 gal. air compressor tank that I am going to use to build mine. I was wondering if you could put some more pics up of your rig? thanks

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I purchased a pressurized one after trying gravity, when I repainted my IH 584, almost 20 years ago.

I gotta say, NONE of the rust came back, that was my fear.

I did use a high quality primer, that may have helped!! :fing32:

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I know this is and old post but I was looking around and found this. I can't see the pics from the first post. I have a 20 gal. air compressor tank that I am going to use to build mine. I was wondering if you could put some more pics up of your rig? thanks
It's fixed, should be able to see them. :fing32:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts