My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the summer my part of the world has everything it takes to make a tropical rain forest except rain. Last year not only didn't it rain in the summer, it didn't rain in the spring or fall. Really hurt my lawn. So this year in the early spring and again in the early summer I hit it with all the nitrogen it would stand. Wouldn't you know, this year it has rained all summer. The stuff needs mowing every three days! :fing20:

· Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,641 Posts
In the summer my part of the world has everything it takes to make a tropical rain forest except rain. Last year not only didn't it rain in the summer, it didn't rain in the spring or fall. Really hurt my lawn. So this year in the early spring and again in the early summer I hit it with all the nitrogen it would stand. Wouldn't you know, this year it has rained all summer. The stuff needs mowing every three days! :fing20:
We had a few weeks in July that I went a week plus without mowing, but with all the rain am needing to mow like it was spring! Mowed Friday and needs it again today, but of course it is raining and still have a Flash Flood warning till Thursday now.

· Registered
1,738 Posts
I feel for ya brother. I did the same thing over at my moms house a few years ago. Weed and feed during a drought. No sooner than I put it on the lawn and watered a little bit, we had torrential rain. The grass grew like a rainforest and I had to mow every OTHER day.

I can honestly say it was the only time I have ever worn out a set of blades in less than one season without hitting rocks, roots or other things. Just straight out mowing.

On the plus side, she now has a really nice, full lawn (and it stopped the rainforest phase a few years ago).

· Premium Member
7,818 Posts
We had a few weeks in July that I went a week plus without mowing, but with all the rain am needing to mow like it was spring! Mowed Friday and needs it again today, but of course it is raining and still have a Flash Flood warning till Thursday now.
totally hear that! the short dry spell ruined my garden now the weed are prevalent:thSick:...so the Caney drains your area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.