My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I've taken apart the carb 4 times now. Rebuilt and replaced all the gaskets. Soaked for two days in gunk and then used carb cleaner during the most recent disassembly of the carb. I blew out all the chambers with air.

I've adjusted the valves to .004, replaced the spark plugs. I have good spark on both sides. I've loosen the gas cap too. replaced fuel filter and blew out the lines.

Here is the problem

As soon as I start it up, it acts like It's choking out. If I unplug the fuel solenoid the motor revs to high right before it stalls out. If I plug it back in, the motor runs fine. As soon as it's under load, it starts to choke out again.

Additional thoughts? I'm about ready to send it to the dealer.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Ok,

I've taken apart the carb 4 times now. Rebuilt and replaced all the gaskets. Soaked for two days in gunk and then used carb cleaner during the most recent disassembly of the carb. I blew out all the chambers with air.

I've adjusted the valves to .004, replaced the spark plugs. I have good spark on both sides. I've loosen the gas cap too. replaced fuel filter and blew out the lines.

Here is the problem

As soon as I start it up, it acts like It's choking out. If I unplug the fuel solenoid the motor revs to high right before it stalls out. If I plug it back in, the motor runs fine. As soon as it's under load, it starts to choke out again.

Additional thoughts? I'm about ready to send it to the dealer.
If it is under warranty then go to the dealer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If your wondering if its the solenoid, then take it out and plug the hole. If it runs good then its the solenoid, sounds like a fuel problem.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I would say you either have a clogged air bleed or your main jet is loose or missing. I assume you have tried running it without the air filter, and that the oil is not contaminated with gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts