My Tractor Forum banner

Stihl Zero-Turn Mowers Coming in 2023

608 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Renster of N.H.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I see that they come with the option of a Briggs Vanguard or a Kawasawki engine.

CCMoe
Only for the "pro" range, low end just gets a B&S engine. And I did see any mention of what transmission/hydro's they are using.
Reactions: charles g
They appear to be re-badged Ferris mowers.

According to the Stihl website not all Stihl dealers will carry them.

I know that Deere pressured dealers here in CT to drop Scag this year so I would not expect to see them if a Stihl dealer is also a Deere dealer.
Reactions: Steve Urquell
What??? And miss the joy of blurred vision as you cut a dried out washboard lawn? 😠😏
I figured my next mower might be the Ferris on springs, but those are getting pretty costly these days and I suspect the Stihl will be some higher even. Some pretty good engineering on keeping the deck steady while the wheels follow the terrain.
I am surprised that it is not electric
When I saw the headline that's what I expected.
I am surprised that it is not electric
I ran a Ferris IFZ3100 or something along those lines for a hot second a few years ago. It rode like a friggin Cadillac no joke. I don’t recall it having as much front suspension travel as the Stihl appears to have, though.
Our previous CC GT2542 rode like a vintage 1974 Pontiac Catalina compared to our present Troy Bilt Bronco.
Bronco is a good moniker for it :ROFLMAO:
I ran a Ferris IFZ3100 or something along those lines for a hot second a few years ago. It rode like a friggin Cadillac no joke. I don’t recall it having as much front suspension travel as the Stihl appears to have, though.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts