My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to trim hedges, got the 15 year old Weedeater hedge trimmer, it did not start. Broken, rotted fuel lines. :Disgus:
The wife said she will go to WalMart and see what they had. She bought a newer version (Chinese made)of what I had. It barely ran out of the box. :maddd:
Took it back, got a refund.
I decided to spend a little more money and get a Stihl. Found a dealer about a mile away, and bought the 24" HS45 hedge trimmer, and the KM 110R Kombi Motor with the FCS-KM Lawn edger attachment.

First the hedge trimmer. The HS 45 is a great hedge trimmer, starts easy, little to no vibration and cuts those hedges like butter. The cost difference between the cheap Weedeater and the Stihl is $50.00! The only complaint is that the unit is heavy, but still manageable.

The KM 110R Kombi Motor with the 4 Mix engine is great. I got the FCS-KM straight shaft edger attachment.
Wow! This thing is powerful. Very smooth, hardly any smoke. I did notice that it does not rev up as quick as a 2 stroke, but it also is a bit quieter. While edging the lawn this thing did not bog down at all. I chose the Kombi Motor because if I need to replace the Husqvarna trimmer, all I have to buy is the string trimmer attachment. Also Stihl has attachments that I could use later, like the pole pruner, blower, and sweeper attachments. I read that some people don't like the the fuel cap, it is a bit different, but I got used to it very quickly. I bought a 6 pack of stihl synthetic motor oil to go with the Stihls. I'm very happy with the purchase. :00000033::bannana:

I did make the mistake to buy the gas before reading the owners manual about fuel requirements. I bought 87 gas instead of 89 or higher. I called the dealer about the issue and he told me don't worry about it and use 89 or higher the next time I get gas, I used up 1/2 gallons so far, 1/2 to go.

Owning a BMW and now these Stihls, German engineering is second to none. :thThumbsU

I would highly recommend these to anyone instead of the cheap junk you get at home improvement stores and other stores. :thThumbsU

john boy

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I have the KM 90R Kombi motor and the pole pruner and shaft extension and the trimmer line attachments.I like mine a lot there expensive but any good tool is.The filler cap does take some getting use to.But after a few times it all makes sence.Stihl is all I will consider when buying hand held small engine equipment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts