My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a BP340 back pack blower last year after my tried and true Weedeater blower failed after 20 some hours of use......I only had one problem with the Stihl to date, and its been used a lot. It started to loose power and would not blow the hat off your head. Since it was on warranty, I carried it back and had it repaired. All that was wrong is the fine mesh screen in the muffler was clogged up........The dealer told me they normally take this screen out of every blower they sell as its a common problem, and to save complaints from customers down the road the remove these screens. I am half deal anyway and do not notice any difference in overall noise. Its easy to start, and the harness / backpack is easy to put on and comfortable to use, and the volume of air it puts out is super. I did find out, not to compare apples to oranges, when comparing specs on blowers. A lot of them show high velocity figures, but velocity is not as important as cubid feet of air moved. If a blower has lots of air speed, and low volume it is not going to push as much debri as one with lesser velocity and more volume will. I had leaned towards a Husky since I am a Husky fan, but I seen too many returns at Lowes, and the Husky dealer. I then leaned towards an Echo, but heard too many problems with them in regards to their carberators, being kind of finicky. I can attest to carbs being finicky as my little Echo chainsaws are very touchy with carb problems......seems Echo can not get a good carb to meet Eco/Enviro standards.......... The Husky and Eco dealers did not want to fire up a new unit unless it was bought, but the Stihl dealer did not have a problem doing so......so needless to say Stihl got my money and I am more than satisfied.

G

·
0 Posts
I have the ST400 sprayer blower and am VERY happy with mine. I have had it about 10 years.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Be sure and use Stihl 50:1 mix.......the losmoke in the black bottle is even better. Blowers run under constant load at sustained speeds (like an outboard).....lubrication is very important.btw BR340 is a nice blower. :trink40:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
neil_nassauequipment said:
Be sure and use Stihl 50:1 mix.......the losmoke in the black bottle is even better. Blowers run under constant load at sustained speeds (like an outboard).....lubrication is very important.btw BR340 is a nice blower. :trink40:
I use Stihl or Husky oil from time to time, but have been a faithfull user of Optimol oil for over 20 years.......I buy it by the gal jug or the 1 or 2.5 gal mix sleeves by the boxfulls.......

I had been wanting to try some NoSmoke 2 stroke oil, but I have a heap of Optimol yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts