My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the worst luck with used leaf blowers, so I pulled the plug on a new BG50 today. Only played around with it for a little bit, but so far starts easy, and seems to have a surprising amount of power. Also relatively light. Got the 6 pack of Ultra HP to double the warranty, but the manual states absolutely 0 about break in, so I guess there isnt any special break in instructions. So now no more dragging around an extension cord with the Hyper Tough (lol) axial ( I believe either a clone of, or made by Worx) which by the way is a quite good blower itself. Now just need hedge trimmers and a chainsaw and I will be complete on yard stuff.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Those bg50's do pack a nice punch for their size. I'm sure it will give you many years of trouble free service. In terms of breaking in the engine. I just watch myself and keep from going WOT for the first tank. Then on the second and third go WOT every so often. Typically after a few tanks or so, you're good to go. After a few tanks you should feel and hear the engine "loosen" up a bit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those bg50's do pack a nice punch for their size. I'm sure it will give you many years of trouble free service. In terms of breaking in the engine. I just watch myself and keep from going WOT for the first tank. Then on the second and third go WOT every so often. Typically after a few tanks or so, you're good to go. After a few tanks you should feel and hear the engine "loosen" up a bit.
Thankyou for the reply & info. Thats roughly what I was thinking. I was trying not to go WOT but the throttle is a bit touchy. I know with their string trimmers they talked about no WOT with no load, so I was using that as guidance of sorts.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Thankyou for the reply & info. Thats roughly what I was thinking. I was trying not to go WOT but the throttle is a bit touchy. I know with their string trimmers they talked about no WOT with no load, so I was using that as guidance of sorts.
The main thing is just try your best to limit the rpms a bit. It is amazing how tight they really are when new. But yeah sounds like you're on the right track.

·
Professional Homeowner
8,038 Posts
I have it’s predecessor BG55. BG55 has some bad rap, but it has the same CFM rating as the higher end BGs. The BG50 I guess was the replacement so the higher end BG stuff sticks out a little more. Good to know they didn’t make it a shoddy machine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have it’s predecessor BG55. BG55 has some bad rap, but it has the same CFM rating as the higher end BGs. The BG50 I guess was the replacement so the higher end BG stuff sticks out a little more. Good to know they didn’t make it a shoddy machine.
I noticed a similar trend in how the bg50 has the regular rocker kill switch, but the higher models have a spring loaded rocker. Like guys, we can’t spend a few more cents for the spring loaded one lol. But I get it, they have to give incentives for upgraded model purchases. I dont mind the old school kill switch anyway, just a humorous observation.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ran over a tank of fuel through it today blowing the two perfect lines of clippings my Honda left mulching, and then a mess of mini pine cones. Can’t find a single thing to complain about, couldn’t have did any better. Even starting warm, after working it relatively hard, and letting it sit 15+ minutes, without priming or anything other than making sure kill switch was in correct position, started first pull every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts